HELP! Am I eating enough?

just_M
on 12/16/07 4:17 am - FL
Good luck on figuring it out.
Melita

Heather S.
on 12/16/07 1:28 am - Southern, NJ
Just wanted to chime in that for these 1st 3 months my surgeon said between 50-70 grams of protein/day...so there are surgeons out there saying less than 60.  Granted...I go towards the high end because I can and I like protein and I want to be safe...but there are days that I'm around 48 or so and I'm pretty darn sure I'm going to survive...we don't need to be alarmists here!  Just get in as much as you can as often as you can!  Calorie wise my nutritionist is VERY strict and has 7 years of records backing up her policies.  My calories are to be around 400 up until month 5 when they go up 100 per month until 10 months to a year.  So...according to my program you're right on track w/ the 420 calories. I don't know why everyone is so worried about getting in enough calories...we've all got enough stored fat that it's really not an issue!   Oh, about the not losing weight in the last week...I went through that during week 2 or 3 also...it's just your body trying to figure out what you're doing and what it's supposed to be doing...you will start losing again...don't worry. Heather

Highest
~Hospital Discharge~Current~
Goal 
   293  ~  (11/9/07) 286  ~  193 ~ 140
                   Height: 5'-6"  Age: 35

just_M
on 12/16/07 4:18 am - FL
Thanks for the advice.
Melita

one hot mama
on 12/17/07 1:42 am - Tennessee/ Alabama
I had my surgery 3 days after you I am on the mushy stage I was told it is going to be darn near impossible to get all my protein in. I wasn't even close on the liquid diet. The key when you get on the mushy diet is to eat only protein 1st forget the other stuff they are all fillers at this point. I get in on average 57 in protein I take a hair and nail supplements. added to my multi vitamins B12 and calcium citrate. Don't stress it just do what you can. I think if you rely on the supplements for protein you will never learn to eat it as part of your daily regiment. You cant survive on these forever.
 Army Wife
Most Active