Coffee & Caffeine

Sassylady
on 12/14/07 12:03 am
  I had the gastric sleeve 12/06/07 and truly miss my coffee.  Is there a reason why we can't have it??? I am going into the week with soft protein, coottage cheese, yogurt, d/f pudding, etc/ Thanks, Sassy
(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 8:24 am - Vacaytown, HI
I dont know about the sleeve, but I had RNY and coffee ws fine for me.  Maybe there is something abot the sleeve that is different.  Id ask your Dr.
ginau
on 12/15/07 2:49 am - mesa, AZ
Coffee is generaly a NO No  because its a diurtetic  and stimulates appetite !  It also robs the body of B vitamins ,  I think your ok if you indulge in a cup a day  but try to limit it . Also watch what you put in that coffee - that can really add up in calories .. Nothing like a 200 calorie cup of starbucks ...  Better to eat your good calories and fill up your pouch than to drink them .
sarard
on 12/17/07 2:54 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I allow my clients to have coffee. Unless, they drink it all day long and it's the only fluid they consume. But if you're drinking water or other calorie-free beverages - I would allow you to have 1-2 cups per day -- of course, don't put sugar in it and if you like coffee creamer, try to do the sugar-free or low sugar creams -- I would not recommend adding too much to your coffee - you don't want it to become a 200-300 calorie beverage. Make sense?
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Sassylady
on 12/17/07 4:32 am
Thanks for all the help.   My Dr. is out of state so, I am relying mostly on my notes from him and the dietician. Sassy 
Most Active