Important Question???

Beth R.
on 12/11/07 9:26 am

I have a question....for any of you who might have some input.....I am 7 months post op from gastric bypass surgery. I am extremely tired ALL the time. I am very busy right now. I am in nursing school, working 3 (12 hour) days, taking care of two kids (4 and 2) and trying to save my marriage. I have recently had my blood drawn, and everything came back NORMAL!! I was sure, my iron was low, because I just want to crash every night. Is there something I could possibly eat to help give me extra energy. I eat pretty healthy, besides the holiday treats, and I workout, so I just need a little adivce. Thanks for all the support!!!

Beth
"what a ride"

senoraburt
on 12/11/07 9:39 am - IN
How was your B12?  Have you considered B12 shots?  They really give me energy-that and exercising!
Beth R.
on 12/11/07 10:06 am, edited 12/11/07 10:06 am
My b12 was great...when they checked my bloodwork. I actually take one b12 shot a month. It could just be stress. I'm not sure. Can stress make you this tired? thanks for the advice.....

Beth
"what a ride"

susiewong
on 12/11/07 10:28 am - NV
I think you should go back to your post and start reading from line two through line four.  I was tired just reading everything you are doing!!! Just taking of two small children is enough for most people let alone working and going to nursing school!  You deserve to be tired...you are trying to seduce your husband, chase your toddler, save the patient and make a buck....give yourself a break and take a breath.  I think you need to catch your breath before your feet hit the floor tomorrow morning. Best of luck and good karma your way,

SUSIEWONG
5'4 (Surgery: 226) (Presently: 133) (Doc's Goal: 141)

deniseg
on 12/13/07 10:53 am - Monticello, AR
Are you getting enough sleep?  I am 11 months out from surgery, labs are all great, take B-12 shots once a month...and recently found myself just dog tired all day long.  Nothing in my "routine" had changed except I was only getting 4-5 hrs. of sleep at night...apparently I just can't function on that amount.  So the last few nights I've made a point of going to bed early...10pm...and getting at least 7hrs.  It seems to be working, not feeling as tired as I was. Make sure you're getting enough rest...and YES, stress can make you tired!

DENISE          
Day of surgery weight/BMI:  246/44.9
Goal weight:  135
Current weight/BMI135/24.6---GOAL!!!!!!!!!
Total pounds lost:  111

janiej
on 12/13/07 12:26 pm - Independence, IA

Wow... you have a plate full...  Remember to take your vitamins.  Even though your labs were good your vitamins will help too. Almost 4 years out and loving life. Janie

Janie 
Beth R.
on 12/14/07 12:47 am

Thanks everyone for all your support. This is why I LOVE this website. I am doing a lot right now, and I'm sure I need to slow down. School is out for the holidays, maybe I can get some "me" time. THanks again......

Beth
"what a ride"

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/07 1:33 am - Vacaytown, HI
Sounds like you have a busy schedule.... Do you have any issues like depression?  This is an issue for me which creates a mental fatigue all of the time.  If not then maybe its your scheule.
isenephthys
on 12/14/07 3:28 pm - CA
your busy schedule certainly sounds like a reason for fatigue.  i am still pre-op and only dealing with working in the icu for 3-12 hour shifts per week and i still have fatigue issues.  are you working days or nights?  nights can be more fatigue-inducing than days.   i hope you can schedule yourself some "me" time and that you perk up soon!
Most Active