3 weeks post - op diet schedule

Shelby Kelley
on 12/5/07 7:56 am - GA
Ok I know I should know this but....... I need some kinda schedule for eating such as:  8 am-1 protein shake 10 am-1 snack 12 pm- 1 lean meat and fruit  2 pm- 1 snack  5 or 6 ish-1 protein shake  and how much of each.....I know I should know this but my NUT wasnt very detailed ...she just wrote a list of foods I could have and not have....but  no schedule....HELP

Robin W.
on 12/5/07 12:23 pm - Franklin, OH

Looks good to me. If needed you might want to add another shake or light snack at about 8 or so so you don't get the night time munchies. You could also move the snack and shakes around if you are on the go and want to drink in the car. (I did this a lot)  You might just have to play around with it some to find the best schedule for you.  Good Luck, Robin

4'10" - 47 I'm short but not petite and I will weigh more than a 5th grader
Start weight 220 
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"  Dr. Seuss

sarard
on 12/8/07 2:05 am - Costa Mesa, CA
I'd recommend you make an appointment to see your NUT. Diet plans differ based on the type of surgery you had and the "dos & don'ts" from your surgeon. It also will depend on your medical history and medications you take. Since your NUT probably already has this information, it would probably be easy just to give him or her a call and ask for a detailed eating plan that will work for you.
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Most Active