DAILY CALORIC INTAKE?

PENNYWISE60
on 12/3/07 2:23 am, edited 12/3/07 2:24 am - Canada
Hello nutritionist angels....
I just posted this on the Ontario site but I'm getting conflicting answers now. I was very happy with Erin's response but then I got one that said between 600 -800 calories per day?? I'd really love to know what our daily caloric count should be. I always thought between 800-1200 was good? I'm doing about 800-below 1100 a day.
Please le me know if I'm over doing it....
thanx
Penny 
JeanneB_RD
on 12/3/07 6:55 am
Hi Penny,  It's hard to give out exact calorie requirements because everyone is different and has different needs based on their size and shape.  Generally speaking 800-1100calories sounds average. Again, to fully assess your particular needs a registered dietitian comes in handy.  Are you followed by one? What does she/he recommend?  Keep in mind that there's a great service headed by registered dietitian's via the internet. We'd be happy to assess your individual requirements! Please check it out; enutritioncare.com Take care,
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
PENNYWISE60
on 12/3/07 7:37 am - Canada
thanx, I will check it out....
Pen 
Heather S.
on 12/3/07 10:43 am - Southern, NJ
Hi...just thought I'd share what my program guidelines are...I think they're more strict than most but they do have 7 years experience w/ gastric bypass patients and good results to back up their program guidelines months 1-4 should be 300-400 calories then you go up 100 calories/month (i.e. 500 calories in month 5, 600 calories in month 6 etc) at month 11 they evaluate your weight loss and what's left to lose...either you stay at 1000 calories or continue to add 100 for the next 2 months...lifetime maintenance is 1200 or less...unless you're a runner or do MAJOR exercise. Hope that gives you another perspective... Heather

Highest
~Hospital Discharge~Current~
Goal 
   293  ~  (11/9/07) 286  ~  193 ~ 140
                   Height: 5'-6"  Age: 35

PENNYWISE60
on 12/3/07 9:19 pm - Canada
Wowy!, I'm glad I never went to the place you did, 300-400 calories a day man that's tough! My protein drink in the am is 290 alone! that's  milk, protein powder & a banana. I sure hope you take enough vitamins because I'm sure you'd never ever get what you need from 300 calories a day?
Goes to show you how different all the surgeons are & what they require from you! The barix clinic in Mich. was awesome, I'm sure now listening to everyone that I'm in the correct caloric numbers for me.
I wish you all the best of luck....on your journey Heather. and if you need to boost up your intake to about 1000 (I won't tell...I promise)
Penny 
Most Active