variation

Christine D.
on 12/2/07 5:26 am - NY
I posted this on the NY message board but only got one response. Any help would be appreciated. I am on stage 3 of the post-op diet. I am getting tired of pudding, jello, tomato and cream of chicken soup. I have my carnation instant breakfast 2-3 times daily as well. I have the variety pack so basically have all three flavors a day. Anyone have any suggestions for something new I can try. I proceed to stage 4 on the 5th. Any help would be great. Thanks, Christine Any ideas for the next stage I appreciate too.

Jupiter6
on 12/2/07 6:07 am - Near Media, Pa- South of Philly, NJ
If you're on full liquids (and it appears you are) you can also have Protein SF FF pudding (make it with protein powder-- two scoops for each box), Dannon Light and Fit Yogurt (get flavors without fruit pieces), and hang in there. Once you hit purees, other options open up. I pureed turkey with fat-free gravy, Wendy's chili, split pea soup with added ham, you name it. Just keep your servings very small-- no more than 3 oz, at a shot.  You can also make a delicious faux-cheesecake (RNYers call it fluff) using FF pudding mix, a whole block of fat free cream cheese, and skim milk.

"Oh sweet and sour Jesus, that is GOOD!" - Stephen Colbert  Lap RNY 7/07-- Lap Gallbladder 5/08--  
     Emergency Bowel Repair
6/08 -Dr. Meilahn, Temple U.  
 Upper and Lower Bleph/Lower Face Lift 
12/08 
     Fraxel Repair 2/09-- Lower Bleph Re-Do 5/09  -Dr. Pontell, Media PA  Mastopexy/Massive 
     Brachioplasty/ Extended Abdominoplasty 
(plus Mons Lift and Upper Leg lift) / Hernia Repair
      6/24/09 ---Butt Lift and Lateral Thighplasty Scheduled 7/6/10
 - Dr. Ivor Kaplan VA Beach

Total Cost: $33,500   Start wt: 368   RNY wt: 300  Goal wt: 150   Current wt: 148.2  BMI: 24.7

Laura M.
on 12/2/07 6:11 am - St. Bonifacius, MN
Is your stage 3 full liquids? And your next step pureed?When I was on full liquids, I could have cream of wheat. I was only on the full liquid stage for 3 days and then moved to puree.Check out the website bariatriceating.com and click on help and there is a section somewhere on there I found for post-op food ideas. Also the world according to egg face blog, she is an OH employee and she has a daily blog and food ideas.Good Luck
josully
on 12/4/07 3:43 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
Hi christine! I had my surgey 1 day after you. I had to drink the protein shakes & clears for  3 weeks pre-op too, so.... 5 weeks of that and I am ready for some variety. I tried an egg, cream of wheat and strained cream of mushroom soup the last few days.  But, My favorite was smashed up, FF refried beans ( Rosorito brand) with a bit of cheddar on top. It was so nice to have something savory  after the weeks of sweet  shakes, jello etc.. Check with your dr. about the beans but, I didn/t have any problems.  I too found allot of helpful recipe ideas on Eggface's blog...she is so creative with food. I am going to try her blenderized stew soon...it looks great! Take care, Jo

Christine D.
on 12/5/07 9:30 am - NY
What is Eggface's blog. Where do I find it and her recipes? Thanks, Christine

josully
on 12/6/07 7:21 am - San Juan Capistrano, CA
http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/ On the left side of the page under "Quick Links" , she has a "pureed foods" link that is helpful. Hope you find something you like!

Most Active