Vitamins - Great Site Plus Questions

Kristy M.
on 11/30/07 9:12 am - Washington, NJ
Hi Everyone, It has been a long time since I've been on the forums!  I recognize some names still and it is great to see so many new names.  I hope the experience for all has been as great as it has for me.  So my posting is for two reasons - a question and some information for all.  After having gone through MANY vitamins, I finally found some that I can really feel a difference with, are reasonably priced, and offer discounts when automatic shipping is set up .... which is great for me since I need them every month.  The website is: www.webwellnessus.com A friend at work is very very careful with what is in the vitamins that she takes.  She recommended this site to me because the vitamins are more natural, with food nutrients, and contain no sugars, salts, preservatives, etc.  She said that that is what you want out of a vitamin and honestly, I can feel a difference.   Just wanted to pass that along because I know it can be hard at times to find a good vitamin. On that note, I am always curious to see what vitamins people are taking and at what dosages.  I am taking a multi, iron, b-1, b-12, and flaxseed.  I don't take calcium because I feel I get enough from what is in my multi and from cheeses.  Does anyone take anything else that they really think helps?  I'm also curious about the dosages. Thanks everyone, Kristy
(deactivated member)
on 12/1/07 2:54 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hello Kristy, I am currently taking the following Vitamins/Supplements: Multi Vitamin (regular tablet)(2 x daily) Flinstones Complete Multi Chewable  w /iron (2 x daily) Vitamin C 1000mg Chewable ( 1 x daily) B- Complex (1 x daily) Omega 3-6-9 ( 2 x daily) The only thing I worry about is if we are still able to break down capsules,tablets,gel caps abd other pills before they exit our body. That is why i have been researching a good liquid multi-vitamin. That is also why I take the chewable flinstones as back up to the Regular Multi-Vitamin tablet. I really wonder about the Omega 3-6-9 Gel cap. It is big and I do not know if it really breaks down. No Calcium either. I eat cheese like they are going to stop making it one day. Thanks for sharing your great find !!!!
Kristy M.
on 12/5/07 2:18 am - Washington, NJ
Hi Jeremy, In response to your post (sorry for the delay ..... meetings in NYC ..... always fun!) ..... Omegas are very important. In fact I take them because of my neck. They can stimulate regeneration of degenrative disks. They are great if you suffer from back or neck issues in addition to the normal benefits. Calcium. While you might be getting enough of a daily dosage you may want to think about keeping Coral Calcium on hand. If you are in pain and take aspirin you can substitute Coral Calcium. Just load up a bit when the pain hits. It is much better than aspirin. Back to Omega. If you feel you are "burping" up the Omega and can taste it you are not digesting it. However, if you take a Digestive Enzyme it will break everything down and the body can handle it for you.  I have really been doing my research on this aspect of the surgery.  I lost 140, which is all I had to lose, in 8 months with no exercise.  I was very fortunate.  I also did not take vitamins.  I do not recommend either of these.  Now that I am two years out of surgery I have kept my weight off but now I want my body to feel great.  I am taking the right vitamins regularly, working out with a trainer and doing cardio, eating healthier than ever, and doing research on all of the things that aren't necessarily explained to you as much as they should be prior to surgery.   Hope this information helps. Kristy
Most Active