Anyone else hate food?

Starting Over
on 11/20/07 11:38 pm
I'm only 9 days post op from GBS. I have noticed that I absolutely HATE food now! I don't want to eat it, I don't want to be around it...and I don't want anyone around me eating it. It's causing a huge problem in my life! So far I haven't sacrificed my own nutrition, but it's only because I literally force myself to get my daily nutrition. However everytime I even see someone eating I start to freak out and get angry. The smell of food disgusts me. I'm guessing this is my way of dealing with my previous food addiction, and my current food withdrawal. Has anyone else experienced this?
(deactivated member)
on 11/21/07 9:46 am - Vacaytown, HI
In the beginning it is normal to have an aversion.  As time goes on things will be more normal.  I actually started having this problem a couple of months ago and im two years out so this is a different problem.  Hang in there.
maxaz1
on 11/23/07 1:46 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Yes yes yes.  I am a little over 3 months out, and I have to force myself to eat. Everything - smells, sights, or thoughts of food -kind of disgusts me.   Even if I eat something that tastes ok and is enjoyable, thinking about it later makes me queasy.  The dr calls it food aversion, and promised it will go away eventually. Apparently, it's not very unusual.
martinoa
on 11/28/07 6:55 am - North Olmsted, OH
This is sooooo true for myself also.  My family literally had to force me to eat cause i was just not into food.  even the smell i couldnt toloerate.  trust me though it get so much better as the days go by.
melissa1973
on 11/28/07 6:08 pm - CT
I'm 8 1/2 months out now, it wasn't until about 7 1/2 months out, a month ago, that I started to want to eat and now feel actual hunger, prior to that all those months I hated food very much and eating was an unpleasant forced experience. So for me anyways it did get better, but took a lot of time to get there.
339 / 151 / 155?   day of surgery / current weight / goal weight
190 lbs lost
View my profile to see my weekly stats.
Simply_Me
on 12/3/07 3:29 am - NJ
Hi , I am 7 weeks post-op and my relationship with food has turned ugly.  I don't feel hunger and I eat only not to feel nausea otherwise I would not eat at all. I use to love food, food and I were unsepratable.   Food would talk to me, I would give in to food and spent my day thinking about it all day.  But now we it seems like we are enemies. I was told by my sister, which is 9 months post-op that this feeling will go away.

Most Active