Recipe needed for adding Carn Inst Milk Pwd to skim

Marsha C.
on 11/20/07 12:45 am, edited 11/20/07 12:46 am - Herndon, VA
For two weeks after my surgery (4/2003), I religiously drank my protein drink with skim milk mixed with Carnation Instant Nonfat Milk (the nasty powder stuff our moms used to try to make us drink in the 50s) but I can't find my recipe. My sister-in-law had lap-band surgery last week and I'm trying to find it. Anyone????
~ Stylz ~
on 11/20/07 1:32 am - North of Boston, MA
what is the recipe you're looking for, carnation instant nonfat milk or a protein shake made with it?

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Marsha C.
on 11/20/07 2:34 am - Herndon, VA
It was the milk I used to make the protein shakes (I used SF carnation Instant Breakfast as base) - I remember mixing the skim milk with the powdered milk but can't remember the portions. Maybe 1C. powdered milk to 4C skim milk. Basically, it added more protein to the milk used to mix the protein shakes.
~ Stylz ~
on 11/20/07 3:39 am - North of Boston, MA
searching around on google, I found this..  use 1 pkg. sf Carnation Instant Breakfast, 1 scoop of powdered milk and mix that with 2 cups of skim milk. 28 grams of protein...fast and easy not sure if its what you're looking for, but it has the ingredients you mentioned.  good luck :)

~Stylz~  
post - op 261.2/current 124.2/goal 125

~~~  down 137 pounds  ~~~

LESS HALF THE PERSON I USE TO BE 

"The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it."

Marsha C.
on 11/20/07 7:37 am - Herndon, VA
Thanks - appreciate your help! marsha
MegMc
on 11/26/07 5:38 am - Minneapolis, MN
Hi Marsha, I use SF Carnation mixed with vanilla soy milk. It tastes like a milk shake and has just about he same calories if not fewer skim milk. You can also buy the soy milk + fiber or omega 3 to make it a little more healthy. If you haven't tried vanilla soy milk becuase you think it sounds gross, I thougth the same thing. I bought a small bottle and tried it with great apprehension. To my wonderful surprise it tasted fantastic!!! I use it with cereal too and it tastes awesome. Meghan
senoraburt
on 11/20/07 7:22 am - IN
That is exactly what I drank for 6 weeks after surgery with good results.  It is 4 cups skim or low fat milk, 1 cup powdered milk and 1 packet Carnation Instant Breakfast sugar free.
Marsha C.
on 11/20/07 7:36 am - Herndon, VA
Great, thanks! I need to do it again to kick start my program. Haven't gained any but haven't lost any more either. Have a great Thanksgiving...marsha
Suzanna N.
on 11/28/07 2:10 am - Ocala, FL

My nutrition class just told us about this.  They called it "high protein skim milk" We have to drink 8oz of it a day for the first two weeks in some manner. It was 8oz. of Nonfat milk and two teaspoons (I think) of the carnation Instant nonfat dry milk mixed in. Then you could use it to mix protein, or on oatmeal, in coffee and cream pureed soup, etc. They also told us you could add a little vanilla extract to it if you wanted to. Is this what you mean? Good luck, Suz

Marsha C.
on 11/28/07 7:54 pm - Herndon, VA
It is ! Thanks for your help! I received other replies as well, if you'd like to mix a few days worth at a time it is 4C skim milk with 1C dry milk mixed in. Tastes best if extremely cold! Good luck!
Most Active