Question: Twinlabs Lpp Concentrated Predigested Protein (1000 MG)

Mary .
on 11/17/07 9:42 pm - TN

I searched through the archives for this particular one, and I didn't find anything.

Does anyone have any experience with this? I personally don't like the idea that the values are all broken down, and the label does not give me a number such as "Contains 5 grams of protein per pill" or anything useful like that. It just tells me how much of each PART it has. 

Can anyone translate this for me so I know what I am actually looking at? I don't want to buy something worthless. :)

Supplement Facts
Serving Size  1
Servings Per Container  100 Tablets
  Amount Per
Serving
% Daily
Value
  Calories N/A*
  Protein 1 Gm 2%
  CASEIN HYDROLYSATE 1 Gm N/A*
  L-Leucine 90 Mg N/A*
  L-Iosleucine 55 Mg N/A*
  L-Valine 65 Mg N/A*
  L-Lysine 80 Mg N/A*
  L-Threonine 40 Mg N/A*
  L-Methionine 30 Mg N/A*
  L-Phenylalanine 50 Mg N/A*
  L-Tryptophan 20 Mg N/A*
  L-Arginine 40 Mg N/A*
  L-Cystine 5 Mg N/A*
  L-Alanine 30 Mg N/A*
  L-Aspartic Acid 70 Mg N/A*
  L-Glutamic Acid 200 Mg N/A*
  Glycine 20 Mg N/A*
  L-Histidine 30 Mg N/A*
  L-Proline 90 Mg N/A*
  L-Serine 50 Mg N/A*
  L-Tyrosine 50 Mg N/A*

(deactivated member)
on 11/17/07 11:29 pm
Hi Mary,  The label says that there is 1 gram of protein per pill. We need at least 60 to 70 grams a day, so you would have to take over 60 of these a day to meet our protein requirments for the day!  Definately not worth it in my book! I still use the Syntrax nectar protein shakes, even after 3 and a half years. I try and drink at least 2 a day (plus protein from my food) if not 3 if I can. It boosts my daily totals, right up where they are supposed to be. Only 90 calories per scoop and it's high quality protein.   Just my two cents worth!
Mary .
on 11/18/07 6:18 am - TN

I felt *so* incredibly stupid after you pointed out that it was right there on the label. I guess I looked everywhere else except up there at the top where it belonged.

Yep, you are right - definitely NOT worth it. 

Most Active