Cheaper alternative???

one hot mama
on 11/13/07 1:11 pm - Tennessee/ Alabama
Isopure is so expensive is there a alternative to it? I looked in Wal Mart and they all have sugar in it. I really want to follow the plan but I need to pay rent too if you know what I mean. LOL
 Army Wife
Penny F.
on 11/13/07 11:18 pm
LOL I feel your pain!!  There are some protein drinks on vitalady.com that are fruity and less expensive.  They are not premade though.  I found that The Vitamen Shop that I go to will sell Isopure by the case at a discount.  Good luck, that pesky rent and electricity bill really do get in the way some times!!

Penny
Do what matters most. Now!

kw6499
on 11/13/07 11:26 pm - CO
Did you try the commissary or the px sometimes I can find muscle milk at the exchange mini mall.  Wait...are you military?  Well if so try those.  I have found the best deals in the px myself.
Eric S.
on 11/14/07 5:42 am - Portage, IN
RNY on 08/14/07 with
Syntrax makes a line of protein powder called "Nectar." It is not pre-mixed like the Isopure stuff, but they have fruity flavors like  Apple Ecstasy, Lemon Tea, Caribbean Cooler, Kiwi/Strawberry, Fuzzy Navel, Roadside Lemonade. Eric
01mommy
on 11/15/07 6:38 am
SYNTRAX rocks!!!  You can get it at Vitamin Shoppe for about $30 and for a few dollars less and way more flavors directly from the company at www.SI03.com (that's ZERO-3)  It mixes beautifully with water and packs 20g of protein/0g fat/0g carbs in 90cal. when mixed.  It has NO artificial sweeteners and even though it's not RTD, I carry scoops in a sandwich bag to work and mix them into a half empty small water bottle...totally painless and totally delicious!
Lady Lithia
on 11/17/07 2:37 pm
I agree. I love the Syntrax Nectar Fuzzy Navel. The other flavors are good, but nothing compares to the Fuzzy Navel. Yummmmmy

~Lady Lithia~ 200 lbs lost! 
March 9, 2011 - Coccygectomy!
I chased my dreams, and my dreams, they caught me!
giraffesmiley.gif picture by hardyharhar_bucket

raizie
on 11/15/07 11:26 am
I'm wondering how Carnation Instant Breakfasts compare to the other drink mixes?
Penny F.
on 11/15/07 11:58 pm
Personally Carnation Instant Breakfast doesn't have enough bang for the buck.  Too much fat and not enough protein.   Read Read Read those labels!!!!  It might be good as a treat once in a while if you really like it though.

Penny
Do what matters most. Now!

Elizabeth C.
on 11/24/07 4:09 am - Statesville, NC
VSG on 06/06/12
I drink the SF Carnation for breakfast, I have not had surgery yet,  it has 150 calories and 12g of protein.  The dietician said ok for now but after surgery they do not recommend it. Elizabeth
 With the power of God I can do all things!!           
Highest: 320  Surgery:  247  Current: 183 Goal: 145                        
Most Active