Just started my 10 day liquids!!!

shana lewis
on 11/11/07 10:20 pm - TX
I wanted to know what other kinds of liquids I could have besides the clears?? Is low sodium tomato and chicken soup an ok option??

If you want a friend, show yourself friendly!!

sarard
on 11/12/07 3:56 am, edited 11/12/07 3:56 am - Costa Mesa, CA
All surgeons have different rules - so you will want to double check with him or her, but here is what I give my patients from post op day 5- post op week 4: Cream of Wheat // Sugar Free Pudding // Sugar Free, Fat Free Yogurt (smooth variety - NO SEEDS, NO CHUNKS OF FRUIT!)// Strained Soups (NO LUMPS, NO CHUNKS OF FOOD) -- Avoid cream soups// Sugar Free Jell-O// Sugar Free Sherbet// Low Fat Custard// Low Fat Milk // Scrambled eggs// Thin Mashed Potatoes// Cottage Cheese// All Pureed Meat// Chicken, Beef, Vegetable Broth// The LIQUIDS on this list are: sugar free pudding, strained soups, jello, sherbet, custard, milk, broth. Hope that helps! And, I hope some other post-op people chime in with what they eat ..!!
Sara Nejat-Bina, RD, CNSD, CDE
Registered Dietitian
Mimi G.
on 11/15/07 12:52 am - Burbank, CA
I'm enjoying an organic creamy chicken broth from Whole Foods Market. It doesn't actually have cream (or dairy) in it, but its got that consistency from potato in the ingredients. Its delicious. The brand is "Imagine" and its made by Hain foods. There is also a creamy broccoli soup, a potato leek, and a creamy carrot. All made the same way (no cream). They are more substantial than broth, but totally smooth and not lumpy at all. I also am having shakes made with plain, organic Greek yogurt (14 g protein!), a banana, lowfat milk and a sprinkle of whey protein. You could substitue the banana for another fruit but you might have to strain it. Jello, popsicles, etc...I'm getting tired of all the sweetness. Good luck!

Most Active