4 wks post op I don't think I am doing so good

BellaBleu
on 11/7/07 3:53 am - Canada
Well today is 4 wks since I had RNY @ the Barix ..  I feel Ok I guess , But I find that I am TIRED ALOT !  also the last couple of days I am really having a hard time eating , and Drinking . I make myself eat and drink but it takes everything I have to do it .  I get in my protein every day ( if not my required amount very very close to it )  2 days ago I had flu like sympatoms and was puking and doing # 2 most of the day .. it pasted thank god . But I still feel like crap my gut makes ( what feels to me like Bubbles) everytime I drink and sometimes when I am neither drinking or eating, I find it very strange . I have no pain . But I do go to the bathroom #2 ALOT like atleast 6-7 times a day sometimes more ! Usually right after I eat !  is this all normal due to the healing process ???
JeanneB_RD
on 11/7/07 4:19 am
It sounds to me like you have the flu and that's complicating your healing process. Is you MD aware of your #2 issue? I would definitely contact your doctor and see what you can do to help with your symptoms.  Again, I really think your sickness is causing you to not eat or drink anything and not due to the surgery.  Please keep me posted and t ake care!
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
susiewong
on 11/10/07 2:39 am - NV
Hang in there.  The first two months I had horrible diarhria(sp).  Sometimes I would go 12x a day.  I was raw!  Anyway, it got better and things settled down.  I also had nausea every day often and my surgeon stated it was normal to about 3 months.  It lasted about 2 months.  Now I feel great, but I am plateauing for last 3 wks.  Have lost 2 lbs...ackkkkkk It will pass and you will feel better.

SUSIEWONG
5'4 (Surgery: 226) (Presently: 133) (Doc's Goal: 141)

Most Active