Can these nutrtional stats be accurate?

EveningStar
on 11/7/07 4:48 am - AL
Im no nutritionist and tend to take nutrition label reading seriously. I found this super low fat recipe for low fat, fat free sour cream cheesecake. The stats say it has 20 grams of protein per serving. If this is accurate, its too good to be true...LOL. So help me out here, is this a good choice for a Thanksgiving WLS dessert?

Fat Free Sour Cream Cheesecakes

32 ounces fat free cream cheese
16 ounces fat free sour cream
1 cup Splenda granular
3 egg whites
2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
Cream together cream cheese and Splenda. Add egg whites and mix well. Add vanilla and sour cream, blending well.
Divide evenly into 8 mini pie tins. Bake for 45 minutes, or until cakes jiggle evenly across the top. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate.
Top accordingly with fruit, preserves, peanut butter, whatever!

Calculated for 1 serving (183g)
Recipe makes 8 servings

Calories 169
Calories from Fat 20 (12%)
Amount Per Serving %DV

Total Fat 2.3g 3%
Saturated Fat 1.5g 7%
Polyunsat. Fat 0.1g
Monounsat. Fat 0.4g
Trans Fat 0.0g
Cholesterol 14mg 4%
Sodium 679mg 28%
Potassium 330mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 15.4g 5%
Dietary Fiber 0.0g 0%
Sugars 4.8g
Protein 20.4g 40%
JeanneB_RD
on 11/7/07 5:09 am
It looks GREAT to me. Thanks for the recipe. I might try it myself for Thanksgiving!  Just remember to stick to the serving size and you should be all set! Happy Holidays!
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
EveningStar
on 11/7/07 8:33 am - AL
Thank you!
It just sounded too good to be true, but I have no problem sticking to the serving size.
JeanneB_RD
on 11/8/07 1:58 am
Let me know how it turns out if you remember! Thanks,
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Pam T.
on 11/9/07 1:04 am - Saginaw, MI

20 grams of protein seems logical to me.  You've got 3 very sources of high protein in the recipe (cream cheese, sour cream and eggs) .... so put them all together and they're a hit.   I use www.fitday.com to check nutritional values of food. Pam

My Recipe Index is packed full of yumminess!
Visit my blog: Journey to a Healthier Me  ...or my Website

The scale can measure the weight of my body but never my worth as a woman. ~Lysa TerKeurst author of Made to Crave

Most Active