what to eat?

katsara82
on 11/3/07 12:44 am - Wyoming, MI
I am 5 1/2 wks out of surgery and I don't go back to the nut till 11/21 due to my doc being on vacation. Anyways, I can't do eggs, don't care for the turkey products (mostly a texture issue) and don't like the processed taste of deli meat. So I kind of feel at a loss. I feel like one person can only eat so much chicken and cheese. And I tend to get hungry if I don't have solids. So I am just wondering how much longer until typically I might be able to advance into beef or pork and non cooked veggies.. and any suggestions on food? I read the board and feel like alot of people drink protein shakes and eat turkey products, but that's just not for me.
Full of Life
on 11/3/07 11:41 am - Broken Arrow, OK
I would definately call you Nut!! Every doctor has their own food progression plan and I wouldn't want to suggest something thats not on his.  I know I did a lot of cottage cheese with nsa applesauce, string cheese, etc...  protein drinks are mostly ICK!!! I never found a traditional "shake" that I could tolerate, but I do do sf hot chocolate with vanilla protein powder and I love those!!!  You just need to keep trying different things. Also the things you don't like now, try again in a few weeks. I found that just taking a break from them made it easier to eat them later on.  HUGS

Laurie
I can do all things through CHRIST who strengthens me

RNY 5-19-05      
hernia repair/tt 4-10-06
BW: 262 lbs     GW: 140 lbs     CW: 126 lbs

5 Day Pouch Test Graduate!!! I lost 5 pounds and feel GREAT

ginau
on 11/3/07 5:05 pm - mesa, AZ

Kat  I lived on shrimp , cottage cheese, and turkey meat the first few weeks , Beef & pork has a lot if fiber to it and hard to digest . I did start it earlier than my dr would have liked ,  When I did - I stuck to  meatloaf and wendy's chili !  Your taste is going to change - just be open to it ..  I added protein powder ( fruit flavored )  to my cottage cheese to boost the protein level.

Most Active