X-posted Did you advance yourself early?

goat
on 11/1/07 10:30 am - NC
I'm 5 days postop and I'm suppose to stay on clears for 1 week per my surgeon, some of the info I got from my Nut. is different, but regardless, I'm a bit concerned, I'm definitely getting in my fluids (64 oz), but I'm getting so little protein that I was actually concerned about passing out today. I was thinking about adding some cream soups or something on Saturday (so 2 days early). Thought?

DanielleH_RD
on 11/1/07 1:21 pm - CA

My advice would be to ask your doctor.  Most docs don't promote a clear diet for more than a day or two then advance to full liquids.  There may be something specific about your procedure that made them want to be more conservative - it's worth asking.

Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

goat
on 11/1/07 11:40 pm, edited 11/1/07 11:41 pm - NC
I hear you, that's just their routine. It's printed in my patient manual that is generalized for all the patients, he didn't tell me anything that wasn't in the manual so I'm thinking it's just their thing.

Most Active