What brand of yogurt

nanacindy
on 11/1/07 8:11 am - Las cruces, NM
Hi, What is the brand of yogurt that everyone buys at store. I had RNY on 9/18/2007.  Thanks
JeanneB_RD
on 11/1/07 9:15 am
I like Dannon Light n' Fit which is made w/ nutrasweet and only has 60 calories. Yoplait Light (the blue top) is also made w/ nutrasweet and has 100 calories. Stay away from the brands with added sugar. Some of the yogurts can have up to 43gm of sugar added to them. Yikes!
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
missy-h
on 11/1/07 10:29 am, edited 11/1/07 10:30 am - Seymour, IN
Fage It is Greek Style Yogurt.  Thick and very creamy.  Lots of protein.  A 5 oz container of the Total 2% has 130 calories, 4 gm of fat, 8 gm of sugar and 17 gm of protein. It is not the easiest stuff to find, but it is worth the hunt.  Trader Joe's, Meijer stores, Publix stores all carry it. I sprinkle some Splenda in it, and sugar free pudding mix in as well, any flavor that interests ya.  It is heaven in a cup.  Rich and creamy.  Yummo!! Missy p.s.  you can go to www.fageusa.com and see if there is a store that carries it close to you.

Height:  5'2"  Pre-op weight:  297.4    
(deactivated member)
on 11/2/07 3:58 am - Cleveland Heights, OH
I second the recommendation on the Fage - it's fabulous.  If you can't find that brand in your area, look for a traditional Greek style yogurt.  It's also a great substitute for sour cream.  I also like it sweetened with a packet of splenda and a bit of sugar-free preserves stirred in for extra flavor.  If berries are in season, I'll add them too (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries - whatever I can find).  May be too soon for you to have fresh berries, but keep them in mind for the future - it's delicious with this type of yogurt.   When I'm not in the mood for Fage, I eat Breyer's light yogurt - like the flavor, texture and available flavors.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
(deactivated member)
on 11/3/07 12:32 pm
Fage rocks!
pandacat
on 11/5/07 2:10 am - dfw, TX

Hi there - I also like the Light & Fit. It's a very mild yogurt-doesn't come in too many flavors. But my new fave is Blue Bunny Light Superfruit--i love the blackberry lingonberry (mmmmm...lingonberry). It also has 60 calories, & I believe is a non-fat yogurt. Good Luck! vicki

Most Active