cravings

Donna P.
on 11/1/07 2:06 am - CA
I had posted on the RNY forum that I was having a coffee craving .  I spoke with my nut and surgeon.  They say as long as I have no tummy issues, and continue to get my protein in, they have no problems with it.  I drink starbucks with non-fat milk and sf syrup.  When it is warm, it just feels right on my new tummy, no gurgles.  Solid food sometimes/lately alot, makes my tummy make noises and gurgles alot, not a really great feeling.  Now this has only been in the last month.  I am 3 mos out from my RNY.  I had surgery on 7/23/07. Thanks, Donna
Cagair
on 11/1/07 7:51 am - Raleigh, NC
That's interesting. My NUT & the Dr and his PA told me NO COFFEE. No Caffinated Tea. No Green Tea at all.  But I can have herbal teas.  The reason? Caffine blocks nutrition absorption is what I am told. Since the RNY is malabsorption, I didn't want to block  what nutrients I was getting.  Then I was told it's ok after about 6 months, but not to do it 2 hours before or after taking my vitamins. Which more or less defeats the purpose since I take them monrning and evening.  I miss my Hazlenut coffee...... Can a diatician clarify?
Jenn

Pre-Surgery (08/01/07):  467.5
Surgery Day(08/30/07):  445
09/15/09: 237

Most Active