Can you help me figure out reason for stall - 9 weeks out

charleston-mom
on 10/31/07 6:06 am
Hi all! I'm 9 weeks out from RNY (revision from eroded lap band) and am doing pretty good, I think (LOL!).

My weight loss is not quite as fast as I had hoped for though and I'm a little confused. I started at 228, and am at 185 now, so I've lost 43 pounds in 9 weeks. I don't know if that's bad or good. I did just buy two size 14 skirts.

I'm tired a lot though. I've been getting up at 4:45 and swimming every morning at the YMCA for about 2-1/2 weeks now (and am up to 72 lengths, a mile every morning). I'm trying to walk some on lunch hours as well.

I'm eating:

Breakfast - 1 scrambled egg
Morning snack - 1 string cheese, coffee
Lunch - 2 ounce tuna cup with no fat mayo
Afternoon snack - 1 string cheese, coffee (or 3 crackers with 1/2 tbsp peanut butter)
Dinner, either more tuna - or 1/3 small Wendy's chili
Evening: one sugar free fudgesicle

If I did something different, would my weight loss be better? I seem to be stalling a bit. I just started the exercise a few weeks ago and built up pretty quick, so maybe that's slowing things, but I only lost .8 pounds last week which was SO discouraging. I was in tears when I looked at the scale.

Can anyone help this sad post-op patient???
WyoSue
on 10/31/07 12:28 pm
If i were you I would add some protein supplements.  I get between 70 and 100 grams of protein.  I think your energy level would be better and your weight loss should pick back up.  At nine weeks out you may not get in that much protein, but more is better from what I understand.  Does you surgeon  not want you doing protein shakes? I make some really good ones by adding sugarfree syrups, instant decaf coffee, or sometines fruit to my protein powder and milk and blending with ice in the blender.   I really think protein is the answer, but I'm only speaking from my own experience. Good Luck!  Sue      PS  I think yourweight loss is good for 9 weeks.
blessmysunnysoul
on 10/31/07 2:59 pm - rio dell, CA
HOws your water intake darlin?? If i dont drink enough water i dont lose....

All that spirits desire, spirits attain. 

Most Active