Should I be concerned at 5 weeks out??

Susan H.
on 10/30/07 5:31 am - Sedro Woolley, WA
RNY on 09/25/07 with
Should I be concerned? I am 5 weeks out and this past week I have dumped on just about everything I eat makes me dump/foamies. Even things that I have been eating the last month...refried beans, cottage cheese, etc. Cheese sticks seems to be the only thing that doesn't come back up. From the first small bite of what I eat, my stomach/pouch is seriously grumbling/turning over. I mean, it's so serious you can audibly hear it!!! I can't seem to be able to stomach the protein shakes after RNY. I work hard on getting enough water in during the day. I'm not where I should be, but trying hard. I'm scared everytime I need to eat and it's making me worried. Do you have any suggestions for me? Thanks so much, Susan =0)

Susan H.
Start: 322/ Current: 190+ .  7 yr post RNY
***I lost my bookmark to my ticker so it doesn't reflect the correct numbers*** 

CarolynK
on 10/30/07 11:42 pm - Canton, MI
The only suggestion I have for you is to call your surgeon.  If you are getting sick on everything you may have a problem that we can not help with.  Push the water as much as possible.  I know that after foamies or dumping even water is hard to get in even after 7.5 months out!    I sure hope it calms down for you soon. CarolynK

Highest 360  Surgery 333 Current 168 Goal 150
BMI Highest 65.8 Current 32  Height 5'2"
Hernia Repair/TT 9.23.08

cybird
on 10/31/07 1:37 am - Queen Creek, AZ
You might have a stricture. If so your Dr can have them fix this with a very minor procedure. This is where the conection of the small intestine was made to the pouch forms scar tissue. They just have to dialate it from what I understand. I would definitly contact your Dr.
Most Active