7 days post op what can I have for supper!!!

rickysbride
on 10/30/07 7:33 am - springfield, MA
Post Date: 10/30/07 2:29 pm
Hello, I am on day 7 post op.  I have been on protein shakes and clear liquids...  I am straving and if I have another protien shake ... I am going to gage..     It there anything else I can eat?    besides protein shakes and tea and water.....      I also had some chicken broth  but it doesn't taste will anything..... 

I can not find my diet list from the doctor....  his office is closed.    wanting something for supper

Help
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w07fw3R/]

Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb
Cagair
on 10/30/07 8:24 am - Raleigh, NC
My Dr. had me on Pureed foods 2 days after surgery. So I don't know about the clear liquid thing.  If chicken broth isn't doing it for you, have you tried Vegetable Broth? I found between Chicken, beef and Vegetable, after RNY, the Veg broth is OOOOOOOh so good.
Jenn

Pre-Surgery (08/01/07):  467.5
Surgery Day(08/30/07):  445
09/15/09: 237

deb_m
on 10/30/07 9:56 am - Sanford, NC
This doesn't give you any protein, but is a good break in between for some additional flavor...how about some Sugar Free Jello?  Just make sure it's sugar free!
Deb
Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker 

dlecia05
on 11/8/07 11:43 pm - Sylacauga, AL
Hi! I'm almost at the end of my second week post-op (10/30/07) and I'm bored to tears with my diet. However the first two weeks I can only have a clear liquid diet (clear broth, sf jello, sf popsicles, water,and protein shakes). My 3-4 week I can have pureed vegetables, pureed chicken or fish, mash potatoes and peas. Then my 5th week I can introduce solid food as tolerated. I hope you find something that will tide you over until you can have some real food. I'm trying to hang in there myself. Good Luck!!!

Pre-admission testing: 261
First goal: 185
Second goal: 180
Third goal:  178

Most Active