enutritioncare question

mariposah
on 10/30/07 3:52 am
What are some of the advantages that I'll get if I decide to go with this (enutritioncare) service?  Am considering... I'm 4 years post op, 40 lbs re-gain. Thanks, RD's!
MelaniaB_RD
on 10/30/07 1:52 pm, edited 10/30/07 1:57 pm - Costa Mesa, CA

Hi Mariposa,

Here’s the story of how we started and how we came to be: 

As a Registered Dietitian in private practice in Southern California, I received about a hundred calls over a two year period from people looking for a dietitian.  Unfortunately, the majority of these people fell into one of the following categories:  1) Lived too far from my office to make the visits, 2) Couldn’t take time off work to make the visit, 3) Insurance didn’t cover the nutrition counseling visit with an RD, or  4) The patient couldn’t afford the visit although they definitely needed it.  Since our office was a Medicare provider, we could not offer discounted services to one patient but not the other  (against Medicare rules).   This is when I decided to develop an online service that would be able to deliver the same high quality of nutrition care that I provided to my in-office patients from the comfort of their own home computer, on their own time without time off work or away from family.  It was also imperative that the service was reasonably priced and delivered exclusively by experienced Registered Dietitians for all ages groups (infants to the elderly).   

So to answer your question, the advantages include:

·         Reasonably priced

o   We recently researched a state where an OH member lived after they commented that our prices seemed too high.   After calling all the RD’s (eatright.org) within 100 miles of this person, we found that the average cost of an initial nutrition assessment was $125 and a follow-up visit was $ 65.  You can receive an initial nutrition assessment AND  a follow-up visit for $100 (NutriPak) on eNutritionCare.com.

·         Convenient

o   eNutritionCare.com is accessed from the comfort and privacy of your computer , 24/7.

·         All of our Registered Dietitians have been selected for their clinical expertise and experience in outpatient nutrition counseling (all have at least 5 years of clinical experience). 

·         Continuity of Care

o   You can choose your personal Dietitian who will remain YOUR Dietitian as long as you are a member of eNutritionCare.com.

·         HIPAA compliant on a dedicated secure server.

·         No personal information is EVER sent via email.  I hope that this answers your question.  Please feel free to call or email us at any time by going to the 'Contact Us' at eNutritionCare.com. Cheers!

Melania Behrens, MA, RD
President, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
mariposah
on 10/31/07 1:36 am
Hi, Thank you, and I have just enrolled with your services!  Thank you!
Most Active