What about Pasta? And carb questions

sherrigirl98
on 10/29/07 5:01 pm - Charleston, IL
VSG on 08/28/07 with

Ok since surgery I finally overcame that enormous ravenous craving for sugar! I broke that monster down and beat him..lol! You have no idea how hard that was for me to do. I was a sugar beast before surgery and I figured it would follow me but thanks to these very boards teaching me that sugar is so bad and how it just makes you want more sugar thus a viscous cycle of sugar sugar sugar! That was me. No wonder I blossomed up to 300lbs so quickly.

Anyway what about pasta? I have always loved pasta and breads partially because they are filling and add some substance to the tummy. I still eat pasta..in moderation...probably not every day but will eat it maybe twice a week. How bad is that for me? Should I not be doing this? Can pasta also create cravings for more bad carbs?

I have been trying to find whole grain pastas or the atkins pasta but have not had any luck yet....our market here is a tad behind the times.

I did just find out though that I should be consuming near 100gms of protein daily so I may not even have to worry about pasta...looks like with 100 gms protein daily..I probably won't be eating anything but that..lol.

I do like to mix it up though...I like to have some carbs...good healthy carbs from vegetables, I also eat yoplait light yogurt which has I just read 19 gms of carbs of which 14 is high fructose corn syrup!! Oh great...well I thought I tackled the sugar monster...here I have been feeding my body at least one or two yogurts/day..lol. This trying to eat right isn't very easy. sigh!

So which is more important low fat or low carbs? And just how many carbs should we or can we allow ourselves per day? I think I have been keeping carbs under 50gms/day. Is that still too high?

Has anyone ever tasted yogurt that is low fat and low carb? Its not very good. I tried some ..has 60 cals per container. I'd rather just not eat yogurt at all then to eat that stuff again.

WooHootiHoo! I have made it to 109!!!! A total of 190lbs lost!

Autumn's Mom
on 10/30/07 11:35 pm - Fairport, NY

IMHO it's all about balance.  i eat between 80-100 carbs a day consisting of whole grain bread, fruit, veggies and beans.  as for pasta i eat dreamfields and have since i was about 1 month out.  if u cant get it at ur supermarket they do have a website and u can order it.  it's very good and it's the one "low carb" my whole family will eat.  on to yogurt.  i eat fage greek yogurt.  personally i eat the 2% which i think has 4 grams of fat BUT it also has only 8 carbs and 17 grams of protein.  they do make a fat free as well.  my supermarket has it in the natural food cooler.  it's so good, i add splenda and wheat germ.  i also add splenda and frozen bananas (or any froz fruit) and let it sit for a minute and the yogurt kind of freezes like ice cream.   hope this helps ~

micha  288/130 below goal
this is my neice ~ please pray her cancer stays in remission!!
nuniandjj.jpg picture by michamros

Most Active