13 mo. question

ttambo
on 10/27/07 11:05 am - Galveston, TX
I am 13 months out from RNY today.  I don't have a nut in Houston, my surgery was in Alabama.   I have been in a stall/plateau for about 6 weeks.  I am getting 75 - 90gm of protein, 80+ ounces of water, & all my vitamins each day.  Not sure if I should be concerned or not........ In the course of one day I try to get one fruit, 1-2 veggies, lean protein plus 2 dairy servings.  Most days I get that; definitely over a weeks time I "average" all the dairy, veggies, etc. and for sure I get all the protein I'm supposed to have each day. My questions are:  Am I eating enough - too much?   Should I be worried about the stall/plateau?  During that stall time I've dropped 2 sizes and surprisingly I'm not freaked out but should I be concerned? I don't get all the exercise I should 3X a week but I do get at least one or two days of good cardio in each week. Thanks in advance!!!

back in Galveston
Current Galveston weather from the Weather Channel

“Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm?
Courage is being scared to death... and saddling up anyway.
John Wayne

OH Support Group Leader

JeanneB_RD
on 10/28/07 5:47 am
Hi,  Plateaus happen and exercise is the best way to get over one. Increasing your frquency will definitely help out. The best advice I can give is for you to get connected w/ a Registered Dietitian. Unfortunately we cannot give out specific diet guidelines for each individual on this forum. A Registered Dietitian (or "nut" as you all call us) can provide priceless guidelines to help you achieve your individual goals. It's unfortunate that you've missed this critical element to your surgery.   We offer on-line services which I promise will be well worth your time and money. Please check out our website (listed below) and sign up. Getting professional help from a Registered Dietitian will make a world of difference for you. I truly believe you can and WILL meet your weight loss goals!  Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Most Active