i am 15 months out and .........

azbigmamma
on 10/23/07 1:09 pm - mesa, AZ
RNY on 07/26/06 with

I was wondering if someone can tell me what how many calories and carbs I should be consuming. I have 13 more pounds till my goal. I am not seeming to lose inches or pounds in the last few months, I probably eat fromm 700 to 1000 calories a day. I have no nutritionist and my pcp has no clue what is going on. I may be her only gastric bypass pt. and I had my surgery out of the country. I am very active I walk anywhere from 4 to 7 miles a day, and do aerobics and different activities. So any help would be appreciated. i do not want to starve my body. thank you in advance for any advice. 

Tanya
RNY 7/26/06
320/148/130
pre-curr-goal
(deactivated member)
on 10/23/07 11:21 pm - Cleveland Heights, OH
I'll wait for one of the nutritionists to chime in, but I bet she's going to tell you that you are not eating ENOUGH calories!  If you do not eat enough caloires, your body will go into starvation/conservation mode, and you will not lose regardless of how little you are eating.  You may want to post a more details about your weight and exercise routine; that may help get some more specific recommendations for what you might need to do.   I'm 2 years out from surgery, started at 396 pounds and am at around 200 pounds nows.  I eat 2200-2300 calories per day, I lift weights 2x per week, and doe 40-50 minutes of cardio 3-5x per week.  And yes, I said I eat 2200-2300 calories PER DAY.  I'm working on cutting that back to 1900-2000 calories per day; if I can do that, I should drop another 10-20 pounds, which will put me close to my goal.   Good luck on your continuing journey -  Kellie
DanielleH_RD
on 10/24/07 12:56 pm - CA
You are right, I'm probably going to tell you to eat more calories. If you only consume 700 calories and you walk 7 miles, your body is very likely in a starvation mode. If you need a dietitian, we would be happy to help you at eNutritionCare.com.  Unfortunately without doing a full assessment, it's difficult to be more specific.
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active