Nutrition Help Needed

Jennifer K.
on 10/23/07 10:44 am - Phoenix , AZ
I set a goal of losing 10lbs by Thanksgiving.. its very ambitious but I figured I would aim high and see where I landed. Anyways I have been logging my food for 2 days and find that I am not meeting my calories or fat.... I am however meeting my carbs and protein.... I dont think the fat is as big a deal but my calories have been below 800 both days and I am to be 900-1100! Any suggestions on foods with calories/fat but little to no carbs/protein? Im going to keep working on balancing my eating... I need to cut back some on the carbs (Im only suppose to do 2 servings from bread/stach and today you can see I had four!!!) and eat things that have a better balance between carbs/calories/protein!!!  Here is what I ate today... let me know if you have suggestions on what I could have done better or changes you see I should make. When I type it out it looks like I ate a ton of food today!! I sure feel that I did... I am amazed that 2 days in a row I am under my calories! Drive to work - 12oz Sf chai tea latte w/light soy milk B - TJs fiber muffin L - 2oz deli turkey wrapped in a green lettuce leaf, 4 chunks watermelon, 3 rasperries, 6 baby carrots, 1/2 cu cottage cheese S - was suppose to be the cottage cheese.. since I ate it I had to resort to the snack machine - I had 1/2 a bag of mini pretzles (small bag) S - I had a horrible headache when I got home, Im sure from not eating enough, so I had 2oz deli turkey D- salad - green leaf letttuce, spinach, 2 baby carrots, 2 slices cucumbers, 4 grapes and a drizzling of FF dressing, 1 lo carb tortilla filled with less than 1/2 cu brown rice, 3oz shredded chicken, some sasla, tomatillo sauce, and 1tbsp sour cream Here are my goals cal 900-1100/fat 30/carbs 90-100/protein 40-60 Here is what I ate cal 772/ fat 15/carbs 100/ protein 73

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

carlaplank
on 10/24/07 12:25 am - Albany, NY

My gut reaction is to ask - Why FF dressing on the salad?  if you are looking to up your calories and fat but not protein and carbs, that would be a place to start along with some Smart Balance margerine on your morning muffin.  Good Luck. Carla

Jennifer K.
on 10/24/07 1:48 am - Phoenix , AZ
ooo good idea!! Thats one I hadnt thought of. Back in April or so I was eating too much fat (basically too much cheese) so I found ways to cut the fat back... obviously a little too good at it. Ill have to check the carbs on the dressing but I use so little it shouldnt matter too much! These fiber muffins arnt really the kind you put butter on... but that is still another good idea. Another suggestion I got was to eat some peanut butter each day which was another good suggestion!

First visit to surgeon - 288 ~ bmi 45.1
2 week pre-op 252 ~ bmi 39.5
Total lost - 153 Since surgery - 117!
Goal weight - 155 (mine) 180 (surgeons)
Current weight - 135 (2020 I lost 10lbs due to dedicating myself to working out more and being in better shape)

Extended TT, lipo, fat injections - 11/2011

BA/BL/Arm Lift - 7/2014

Scar revision on arms - 3/2015

HALO laser on arms/neck 9/2016

Thigh lift 10/2020

JeanneB_RD
on 10/24/07 11:19 am
Hi Jennifer K,  I'd be more than happy than do a personalized nutrition plan for you including food journaling. I'm a dietitian w/ enutritioncare.com. Please check out the website and explanation of our services and sign up. Your money for this service will go a long way in helping you meet your goals. Good luck and I hope I can be of use to you in the future!
Jeanne Barnett, RD
Registered Dietitian, Certificate of Training in Adult Weight Management
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!
Most Active