need help spicing up Bariatric Essentials by Metagenics

lilsqrt75
on 10/16/07 7:59 am - phoenix, AZ
i bought the vanilla meal replacement from metagenics through my doc and they said i could add fruits to it but i have tried banana, strawberry, and peaches and yucky. still has the chalky taste to it and the fruit makes it thicker and more of something gross to get down. does anyone know how to spice this powdered protein up in other ways? anyone else using the same brand? the tub says Bariatric Essentials by Metagenics any suggestions?
Dresa
Surgery Date: 10-2-07
Phoenix, Arizona

Michele T.
on 10/16/07 2:30 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I know nothing about this brand, but have the following general suggestions.  First I find that a martini shaker (the stainless kind) works better than a blender (I assume if you're adding fruit that you're using a blender).  Second, try mixing it with Crystal Lite to change the flavor.  I also use Toriani sugar-free syrups (Chocolate, Carmel, Hazelnut).  Smart & Final has a great selection and they're reasonable. Michele
lilsqrt75
on 10/16/07 3:05 pm - phoenix, AZ
ah ha, sounds good. i have been reading alot about this syrup stuff you talk about. i am going to have to try it. i also have tons of the crystal light on the go packets that i thought i would be drinking but havent so far. are you saying to sprinkle it into the powder mix? how do you know how much? is it a hit and miss type of thing?
Dresa
Phoenix, Arizona

Michele T.
on 10/17/07 1:29 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
just mix the normal portions of CL with water and substitute for the water you mix with your powder. At least I'm assuming your Metagenics is a powder. But you're right, you need to experiment to find what works well for you.  Be prepared though, your tastes will change.  I actually like my protein drinks better now at 2 years out, than I did as a newbie!  Michele
lilsqrt75
on 10/17/07 2:31 pm - phoenix, AZ
great! thank you very much. i am going to try that first thing in the morning.....
Dresa
Phoenix, Arizona

Aime B.
on 10/20/07 9:11 pm - Baltimore, MD
I use some yogurt with a low carb milk to help with my protein shakes. Also, drink it cold!

Aime
The love of my OH Family has me humbled!!!!

Most Active