HIGH PROTEIN /LOW CARB BEANS???

JACKIESMOM
on 10/12/07 1:10 am - FL
can you come to Florida and take me shopping? lol!! :)

Purple Passion
on 10/12/07 3:24 am - Little Falls, NJ
RNY on 08/06/07 with
LOL!! What are some of the things you ate before surgery? Alot of the things that I ate preop, I continue to eat postop.

I learned alot about different proteins and grains from reading on the internet and cookbooks. One of my favorite chefs is Christina Pirello. She is a vegan chef and I catch her show, Christina Cooks, on my local PBS station. She has some great cookbooks out and helped alot to get me familiar with different ingredients. I also subscribe to Vegetarian Time magazine.

I suggest you pick up some vegetarian cook book that interests you and start experimenting. You could also check out vegweb.com.

Rachelle
Looking for a possible revision.
257/190/150 

JACKIESMOM
on 10/12/07 5:03 am - FL
i haven't had the surgery yet. i am hoping for december :) right now i do not eat alot of protein and eat alot of carbs(the bad ones of course) i need to go to a veg taste test place. i am so picky too. i hope i can do this !

(deactivated member)
on 10/11/07 2:17 pm
Hi, JackiesMom!  Hum?  Just a guess here... so you might want to call your Dr's office staff for his answer.  Here's my guess... Gas.  He probably doesn't want you to be uncomfortable and to distend your new, healing stomach.  I'd get his OK; perhaps he'd say OK with Beano.   I'd call.  Ro
(deactivated member)
on 10/11/07 2:22 pm
Second Guess... Fiber   Same info as in the rest of my comment above still applies...  Ro
JACKIESMOM
on 10/11/07 11:14 pm - FL
THANK YOU. ARE YOU A VEGETARIAN AND WHAT DID YOU EAT?

(deactivated member)
on 10/13/07 1:41 am
Hi, JM!  So I read that you have pre-op jitters and I agree that you should find out as much as possible about WLS.  It seems that after WLS there is a period of "regret" in many patients.  Once they adjust to eating by their Dr's guidelines, most feel better about their new stomach and new life. If there are complications?  I am not experienced with any personally, but you might learn a bit more on the OH forum that deals with complications.   In my twenties, I dated a vegetarian, who asked that I consider it so that he'd be more comfortable. I did omit most animal protein, but not eggs or milk products for 3 years.  I had Labs taken after 2 years and the results were very good.  I learned a lot about eating complex carbohydrates at that time.  Brown rice, beans, tofu (Chinese Hot & Sour Soup... Yum), whole wheat products were "go to" foods.    I believe that it is possible to eat healthily on a vegetarian diet after WLS.  B-12 will a concern, but can be given in sub-lingual or shot form.  Protein drinks / bars never seem to be "complete" so I'd add some nuts, egg, cheese, yogurt, beans / lentils / split peas, tofu, or soy crisps. etc... in combination... when having the drinks or bars.  Just a small amount of these foods will boost and complete the drinks / bars. Have you chosen a Nutritionist who has many vegetarian patients?  Perhaps you could meet a few of them to discuss your food options. So happy that you are asking questions ow.  Smart to do so!   :thumbsup:  Ro
JACKIESMOM
on 10/13/07 5:57 am - FL
thanks. i do not think my nut has many veg patients. she just made it seem i will be very linited. i will have to try and explore.

Most Active