Phentermine & B12?

01mommy
on 10/3/07 10:18 pm
I made it below goal in less than 9 mos. following my proximal rny 8/03.  Since May '05, I have gained 17lbs.  I'm not baffled by how it happened (lack of exercise, empty calories, etc), but I set a goal to lose it by year's end.  A friend of mine has had great success with a medically supervised plan that includes phentermine and b12 shots and I was wondering what the implications were for WLS patients?  I never tried it before, but was considering it as an option to boost my loss and some added energy.  Thanks! 
DanielleH_RD
on 10/4/07 12:50 pm - CA
Phentermine is primarily an appetite suppressant.  It can also give you a good case of the jitters and should not be used with caffeine. I suppose you will have to decide what's best for you.  Your own medical history and reactions to medications will come in to play.  If it is a medically supervised program, they will give you details on whether you are a good candidate for their program. I would think that with your pouch you still have limited capacity at meals - which can negate the appetite suppressing effects of the drug. You know you need to get back on track, eat right and exercise - you can take your own advice for free and see how you do. Good luck!
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active