The Vegitarian Maintenance Diet?? Anyone got one?

Shelley J.
on 10/3/07 3:24 pm - Clinton, MS
RNY on 02/05/07 with
Hi all,  I had my surgery back in February and have been very fortunate to have lost 125 lbs to date. I am actually to a point I am happy with and wanted to find out about switching gears from losing to maintaining one's weight. I have been really static in my diet and diversity is not my strong point. I am seeking a meal plan that will provide enough calories to maintain my current weight as well as one geared toward a vegetarian diet.  Although I eat meat on occassion, my family primarily eats vegetarian meals.  For those of you wondering - I am 5'8" and 149lbs currently.  My exercise is limited at this point as I am working 12-14 hour days at this time (new job).   Anyone got any ideas?  I estimate I am taking in approximately 800 calories a day right now (depending on my day - it could be less).  Thanks, 

Shelley J.
Clinton, MS

284.5/140

DanielleH_RD
on 10/4/07 12:54 pm - CA
I would suggest you talk with your dietitian to get a calorie level that will work for you.  Then, use one of the calorie trackers to keep the diet you eat with your family in proportion with the calories you are seeking to maintain. If you are routine in what you eat, this shouldn't be a problem.  Having someone hand you a menu of foods that you don't normally eat probably won't help much. Look for new ideas on meals in on-line recipe sites - they always have a vegetarian section. regards,
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active