Protein bullets or not?

Lucy1972
on 9/22/07 8:46 am - Luverne, AL
Ok, trying to find a good protein source to use right after surgery.  Can we use the protein bullets or not??  I already heard the unjury's rep opinion, but would like to here anyone who has used these immediately post op and/or dieticians comments on this. Thanks for your help!! Hugs, Lucy
Kathy C
on 9/23/07 8:34 pm
Hi Lucy!! I think there great as a new post op. Small enough to get in, with lots of protein. The only bad thing is they taste horrible!!!!! A lady at support group froze hers and used it like a freeze pop. Maybe that would work??

All the best!!

@----}-------

345/195/165

Anchor cut Tummy Tuck
with
muscle tightening 6/20/07

trafficdonna
on 9/24/07 1:56 am
A friend (thank you Zeelinda!) send tme some New Whey protein bullets with 42 grams of protein.  They are Fruit Punch flavored. They don't taste bad--like syrrupy koolade.  I chill them to make them easier to sip.  I suppose you could also water them down if necessary by adding to bottles of water.  I like them.  I have not checked into price.  As I said, these were a gift.  I would check various brands on the internet.
This too will pass, like a kidney stone but it will pass!
(deactivated member)
on 9/26/07 11:16 pm - Newport, PA

(UR Welcome, Donna!)

I have used the New Whey bullets since before day #1.  My 3 month proteins were perfect!  Personally, Unjury makes me feel awful...I think it is soy intolerance...and I have become more than a little put-off by their "slam the competitor" marketing tactics.  I have, personally, talked to the New Whey folks, who assure me that their protein is just fine for supplementation purposes. 

So far, the protein bullets have insured that I get ALL of my protein (60-80 grams per day) and I have not noticed any significant hair loss!  (I have also taken biotin every day.)

The bullets average around $2.75 per vial, and I feel that they have been worth every penny!

SmileZ, Linda

wendy_fou
on 9/29/07 2:24 pm - AR
My NUT supports my decision to use protein "bullets" (slams, vials, whatever you want to call them) because it is the ONLY way I can get in all my protein at this point. I also order the 42 gram vials from fitnessfirstusa.com ($26.95 for a box of 12 or $51 for 2 boxes of 12 the last time I bought)  I use grape and fruit punch.  They also have an orange flavor in the 42 gram vials which I have yet to try.  They are REALLY thick (like syrup) and I honestly can't stand them by themselves.  HOWEVER, I mix them with crystal light in the same flavor and they're really good together!  I mix half a vial with 4 ounces of crystal light in the morning and the other half vial with 4 ounces of crystal light at night.  (Some say we can only absorb 25 - 30 grams of protein at a time, so I always split my vial in half like that just in case.) GNC sells some protein slams with 27 grams of protein per vial that I can drink straight.  They are generally on sale for buy 2 (for $2.99) and get a 3rd free.  They have fruit punch and peach flavor that I have seen so far.  Those fruit punch ones are fine, but the peach ones are .  (But then, I've never been a fan of peach flavored anything.)
Most Active