Old habits HELP.....

aluvzu2
on 9/21/07 10:04 am - Portland, OR
I am 3 weeks out from gastric bypass. I am not sure what I can eat and what not to.... Here is a day of my eating... B- 1/4th cup of rice crispy with 1/4th of a bannana I use 2%milk. Lunch- 1/4th of soup with 5 ritz crackers. Dinner a protien shack with 2% milk. Is this bad? I feel like I can eat anything but bread... Lat night I woke up and got cereol at 1am but I was really sleeping, but I guess I ate it. How do I brake  old habits???? I want to eat soooooo bad. I think about all the time. I want to loss my weight faster. I have lost 15lbs so far and two inches every were but my calfs. Please can anyone help me or does anyone know of a book.. Thanks so much-Angela
DanielleH_RD
on 9/21/07 1:11 pm - CA
Did you have a dietitian?  If yes, call them and ask for help. On this site (left hand column) is information on RNY nutrition guidelines - read them! That should get you started! regards,
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Deidre V.
on 9/21/07 9:27 pm - Havelock, NC
Head hunger is the worst part of this surgery early out....Definately get with a dietician or nutritionist..there are also some books to look into(although they won't replace professional info) WLS for Dummies, and Life after Gastric Bypass by Katrina Segrave..good luck to you! Dede

308 start weight on 7/18/06
258 50 pounds GONE on 9/26/06
208 next goal 100 gone (done on 3/1)
190 dr goal
150 goal weight
135 current

Most Active