SF pudding

ChelseaSkunk
on 9/15/07 9:44 am - Fresno, CA
Is that concidered Liquid Diet or Soft Foods?? I really want some, and I dont know if i can have it.

DanielleH_RD
on 9/16/07 9:09 am - CA
I would put it in between at the puree food stage.  The liquid phase in my mind is liquid or semi-liquid at room temperature.  The puree phase is pudding or baby food texture.  The soft phase is diced, chopped, or ground texture. It's tricky putting foods into categories sometimes. Danielle Halewijn RD eNutritioncare.com
JACKIESMOM
on 10/10/07 12:24 am - FL
I WAS TOLD TO ASK YOU FOR VEGEATARIAN OPTIONS. MY NURTRIONIST TOLD ME NO BEANS OR VEGGIE BURGER STUFF FOR A WHILE BECAUSE IT IS HIGH IN CARBS AND STARCHY. SO MANY PEOPLE HAVE WRITTEN TO ME ABOUT EATING BEANS. I WAS ALSO TOLD NO SF PUDDING. WHAT ARE GOOD LOW CARB HIGH PROTEIN FOODS I WILL BE ABLE TO EAT? I DO NOT LIKE COTTAGE CHEESE OR YOGURT. I LIKE REG CHEESE AND EGGS OCCASIONALLY. ONCE IN A WHILE TOFU. THANK YOU!!!!!!

DanielleH_RD
on 10/10/07 1:19 pm - CA
I'm not sure what you were eating that made your dietitian steer you away from carbs... Fact is, most vegetarian sources of protein do contain higher carbs - but so does milk... There are so many choices in vegetarian foods that it is possible to lower the carbs and still get adequate protein.  I'm not sure what you have available in your local area.  Vegetarianism has become more of an acceptable option (in the past it was often seen as a warning sign of an eating disorder) with this social acceptance has come more options in the regular store for meat-free items.  The health food store probably still has the most options, but your regular store probably has more choices than you know. I would encourage you to get a vegetarian cookbook.  One of my favorites is called "Table for Two"  by Joanne Stepaniak - it has shopping lists, great instructions, and best of all nutritional analysis of the recipes to help you pick the higher protein recipes. Tofu is often considered the only option.  In soy products there are a hundred different types of tofu (if you have an asian market - go there! they have tons of choices).  That little soybean can be made into tempeh, tofu, miso, TVP (textured vegetable protein), and more!  Vegetables are sources of protein as are whole grains, nuts, and seeds. Common brand names are "Worthington", "Boca", "Gardenburger", "Loma Linda", and "Morningstar".  Taking some time to read the labels is important to find higher protein, lower carbs, and reasonable fat content.  The products that are nut based (often peanut) are very high in fat and probably not the best choice for you while you are trying to lose weight. If you are looking for veggie patty (those are easy) Boca are probably a better choice.  They are not grain based like most 'gardenburgers" they are soy.  The original patty has 13 g protein and only 5 g carb - not bad!  The items that are "breaded" will be higher in carbs. Your nut is tough with the no SF pudding... I often recommend pudding to those people that just can't handle the shakes - use NF milk, SF pudding mix (I think chocolate is best, but that's just my bias), add 3-5 scoops of your favorite protein powder, hit it with the mixer to get it all mixed in, then portion it out into 3-4 oz portion cups (like the little baby food size containers).  It makes an easy snack or protein boost and feels like a treat.  It can be frozen to make a high pro popsicle. I hope this gives you some ideas. 
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

JACKIESMOM
on 10/10/07 1:43 pm - FL
IT SOUNDS WONDERFUL. I DONT KNOW WHY SHE SAID NO SF PUDDING?????? I LIKE MORNINGSTAR FARMS BUT THE "CHICKEN " I LIKE IS BREADED. I DO HAVE HEALTH FOOD STORES AROUND I JUST NEED TO GO IN. THANKS FOR ALL YOU ADVICE. YOU ARE MY "GERU" OF VEGETARIAN AND NUTRTION QUESTIONS. THAN YOU

DanielleH_RD
on 10/10/07 2:06 pm - CA
That's what I get for studying dietetics at Loma Linda University. Vegetarianism was the norm, Omnivore-ism the exception. Glad I could help.
Danielle Halewijn, RD,CNSD
Director of Nutrition, eNutritionCare.com
eNutritionCare.com
http://www.enutritioncare.com
DISCLAIMER: Any information contained within is meant to be general nutrition advice. Please consult your Registered Dietitian about your specific problem!

Most Active