Need Support

LisaWise
on 9/12/07 1:50 am

Have stopped losing I really am struggling physically and mentally .  I don't now what is wrong but I feel real tired all the time.  I was told by a dietitian that I wasn't eating enough 2 weeks ago she said I need to eat 70 Gms Protein, 100 Gms Carbs, 25 gms fats and 1700 calories and I have increased my eatingbut it seems like it has not helped.  That dosen't leave much to eat because if it is low on one thing it is high on the other.  Dr. curry recommended that I focus on protein first, carbs next then fats.  I am so tired!  Help I need a jump start.  You know I never though I would feel this way but I am not even interested in food.

ozlady1000
on 9/12/07 10:22 am - Davison, MI
HI Lisa,      Yes, protein first! But another thing that could be affecting you and making you feel so tired is vitamin deficencies! This can get you into some serious health issues and troubles. Lack of B-1 slow metabolism, extreme tiredness, never damage; and even possible heart failure! I would be getting my vitamin levels checked asap! Then focas on taking your vitamins, getting in your protein, and water! B-1 deficency also can cause lack of clarity in thinking! I do GNC premixed 50 grand slam protein; half at a time. Best wishes to you, take care of yourself. Sincerely, Judy R
LisaWise
on 9/13/07 12:22 am
So you saying lack of B-1 could be slowing my metabolism down?  How muck should I be getting of Protein?  Are you a dietitian?  How is the taste on the the Protein from GNC?
ozlady1000
on 9/14/07 1:16 am - Davison, MI
HI Lisa,    I am not a dietitian. I am RNY WLS pt. who has had a lot of her own hard lessons. Product 50 grand slam from GNC is good; one of a very few proteins that don't make you want to gag or throw up. Premixed with good flavors, chocolate, cookies & cream, vanilla, banana. Think if you try them you will like it. I was told to get 60-80 grams of protein daily; it has been a struggle for me. Good luck, Judy R
ECUMindy
on 9/17/07 6:12 am - Winterville, NC
I haven't had WLS yet (I'm hopefully only about a month out), but I have been trying to get in more protein for my HIGH protein, LOW carb pre-op diet.  The ISOPURE protein powder you can get at any local nutrition/health food store should help getting the protein in.  We bought a big jug of the Vanilla and I mix it with milk, about a tbsp of hershey's sugar free syrup and a couple ice cubes and it tastes like a chocolate milkshake! One scoop of the powder is 25 grams of Protein and I usually put 2 scoops for 2 large cups of shake (so 50 grams protein in 2 shakes). My store also had ISOPURE protein water-- 40 grams of protein per 16oz bottle of flavored water. Grape is my favorite as it tastes like a grape jolly rancher. I hope some of this helps you! Good luck in your weight loss! --Melinda
Most Active