Vegetarian?

BeccaTyme
on 9/11/07 6:10 am - MD

I'm a vegetarian and have been for many years. I don't eat eggs or milk but eat a little cheese sometimes. I could be a vegan. I'm wondering if anyone knows some good vegie recipes for protien. I'm also in need of advice on vegetarian vitamins and protien for after surgery. My nut consult is this Friday. Thanks Becca

DanielleH_RD
on 9/11/07 2:03 pm - CA
Your nut may be able to get more specific. Your protein can be met using soy based proteins - at first that is soy powders, then you can use tofu, tempeh, textured vegetable protein (TVP), boca burgers, etc.. There are many organizations that focus only on vegetarian nutrition - let your computer do the searching!  Vegetarian Times publishes a very nice magazine loaded with recipes. Good Luck! Danielle Halewijn RD eNutritioncare.com
JACKIESMOM
on 9/26/07 1:26 pm - FL
i am a vegetarian too,almost vegan and was wondering the same thing. i don't have my date yet but hope to soon. i am hoping i will be able to tolorate the soy chicken and veggie burgers i like. i do love cheese and hope i do not have a problem with dairy. good luck and keep me posted :)

Most Active