how many calories should I be eating

lavendarfirefly
on 9/10/07 11:12 am - Hermon, NY
I'm almost 7 months out..and today I got in 830 calories/ 78 grams protein...I'm really not sure how many calories I should be eating...the nutritionist I went to right after surgery really didn't have much answers for me...hoping to get some here...also how much fat and carbs should I have...I was reading what some other woman ate..10 months out...and she was taking in 490 calories..that got me wondering if maybe my calories are high..thank you for any answers you might have...Lori

Lori_proudOHbyLizzyL.gif

JeanneB_RD
on 9/10/07 1:55 pm
Hi Lori,  830 calories sounds low to me. I would need some more info from you before I can accurately assess your calorie/protein needs. How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Basically I don't recommend going lower than 1000 calories. Our bodies need essential calories for our organs to function properly. Research has show that going lower then 1000 calories can be deterimental. How has your exercise been?  The basic recommendations for carb's are 50% of total calories and 25% from fat. Protein is around 1.1gm/kg of body weight.  Are you taking supplements?  Hopefully your dietitian recommended some.  I hope this helps a bit.  Cheers to continued weight loss! Jeanne Barnett, RD, Enutritioncare.com
lavendarfirefly
on 9/10/07 10:00 pm - Hermon, NY
okay, I'm 5'6"....and I weigh 162 now..did weigh 274 7 months ago.  I usually walk 3 miles or use my elliptical for 20 mins and use the ab lounge and do 75 sit-ups with it....3-4 times a week.  I take a multivitamin w/ iron , biotin, and I have a B-12 shot every month.

Lori_proudOHbyLizzyL.gif

Most Active