How To Get In Protein...When your pouch hates you!

(deactivated member)
on 9/9/07 6:32 am - Los Angeles, CA
Hi! Wow, I've been reading a lot, and these answers are SO helpful! I have my own now! I had the "foamies" for the first time yesterday - essentially I was dry heaving for what seemed like forever. So last night for dinner, I had 1/4 cup of pasta - ya know, something plain and easy. My grand caloric total was 115 calories. Not enough, So now its the next day...my body is very tired. I'm trying to eat and drink, but even the thought of a protein drink today (the ones I really like!) is making my stomach churn. I got down a cheesestick and was thrilled. So the question is...how do I get in some protein and nutrients when my pouch is so irritable? What I've eaten today: 1 TSP Peanut Butter 1 Cheesestick 2 oz Spaghetti I'm really trying to get some water in also. I have some yogurt I might try...but what else can I do? I don't feel like I can get much down today! Shira
DanielleH_RD
on 9/9/07 2:11 pm - CA
Oh, I wish I could give you the magic cure! You are having a bad go - but very likely it will pass! If it persists, or if you have pain - call your doctor! Some people revert back to the liquid diet for times like these, you may want to try that.  Try to keep up your fluids to avoid dehydration - if plain water doesn't work, try a little watery herb tea. Keep plugging away, this is very likely a temporary thing! Danielle Halewijn RD eNutritioncare.com
Most Active