Does this sound right to you?

ReneeW
on 9/4/07 1:32 am - IL
Ok maybe I am crazy but I really would like some input on this. I have followed the dieticians 1200 calories diet and exercise. A couple pounds down, then back up those ocuple pounds. Mind you I am on a gluten free diet as it is for Celiac Disease. So I ask they tell me to try to have one Atkins shake and then 2 meal with 3 oz of protein and 1 cup of veggies each meal. Plus the exercise I am walking and swimming totalling about 2 hours of exercise. Do I lose, nope gain half a pound. So here I am in the last month of my supervised diet, and I am told this little tidbit. If you are following the diet and doing the exercise they way you should, you should be losing. She also tells me I am not the only one who has this "problem" each month. Now I am wondering, why am I not losing anything? Is that true, I had my thyroid checked already and can't figure it out. It is however very depressing to know I am trying so hard only to not get anywhere. Any suggestions? I go back for the last weigh in on the 17th of this month. Thanks. I know I rambled, sorry, just annoyed I guess.                        Renee
JeanneB_RD
on 9/4/07 7:52 am

Hi Renee,  First of all you're NOT crazy. Try to keep in mind that altough we may all have the same parts (organs, etc.) we all do things at different rates and times. What works for one person, might not work for everyone. We're all individuals with individual metabolisms. TRY TO BE PATIENT. I believe that if you truly stick with the program and believe in it you will see your desired results. Have you been writing down what you eat and does your dietitian review those records? Hard work does and will pay off for you. It just might take longer than your dietitian or MD thinks it should. Keep on trying. Please let me know how it goes on the 17th! Take care and 'keep on trucking', Jeanne Barnett, RD, enutritioncare.com

Most Active