1 month out: I think I'm eating too much!!

Ann K.
on 8/30/07 5:18 am - Holbrook, MA
I'm only one month out and I've lost 21 pounds since surgery.  I keep reading about people who can't eat anything or only eat a few bites.  I have had no problem eating anything and can eat 3 to 5 ounces at one meal; could my pouch have been made too big, or could I have stretched it??
Lap RNY 7/30/07
Newton Wellesley Hospital
Dr. Gazmuri
sarard
on 8/30/07 11:58 am - Costa Mesa, CA
Hi, Well, being that you lose 21 lbs in one month, I'd say your surgery is working just fine. But to answer your questions: Yes, you may have a bigger pouch than others, and Yes, you also may have stretched it. We wouldn't know unless you have radiological tests - which would not be indicated unless you stop losing or (gasp!) gain weight. However, it could also be that your body really tolerated the procedure well, or that you had a really great surgeon. My advise: do sweat it. Every BODY is different and everyBODY will react differently to surgery. Continue to follow your post op diet and continue with your physician follow ups. :) Since you're within normal limits of weight loss, I would bet that you have not stretched your pouch. Hope that helps. Sara Nejat-Bina, RD eNutritionCare.com
Most Active