Profect vs. New Whey Protein Bullets

Fran W.
on 8/20/07 3:10 am - Catonsville, MD
Are these both the same, as in do they have the same protein, or is one better than the other?  I am 8 months out and have been losing my hair for the past month.  Since it is so far from my surgery date, I figure it's my protein level.  Therefore, I have been taking a New Whey Bullet every day to supplement (42 gr. half in the morning and half at night).  I am still losing but I figure it will take some time to catch up.  I also bought some Muscle Milk which I haven't tried yet. Any nutritionists out there have an opinion on the protein bullets? Thanks! Fran
nursygirl
on 8/21/07 9:42 am - San Jose,, CA
Hey Fran~ the hair loss at this stage of the game could also be related to the surgery itself.  It takes approximately 4-6 months for the anesthesia to go through your system.  some people lose their hair when they have surgery. Go easy on the protein....it still does have calories and you don't want to take in more calories than you need regardless of anything else that might be beneficial.   some people like the protein bullets....others find the taste not palatable.  As long as you are getting the recommended amount of protein, cals, carbs, fats and fiber that your doc recommends, enjoy them.  Have you considered adding biotin to your vitamin regime? Anjanette

Anjanette

"Never let the fear of striking out get in the way of trying" George Herman "Babe" Ruth

No excuses....just do it!

Fran W.
on 8/23/07 2:22 am - Catonsville, MD
I've been taking biotin since before the surgery (to prepare!).  Maybe I should up my dose.  I don't have the bottle here but I only take one pill.  I also take Folic Acid. I really thought I had dodged this bullet!
Most Active