Are we (I) relying too much on sugar free snacks

cgatens
on 1/21/07 9:46 pm - Bricktown, NJ
Even though I am doing quite well in loss of weight, I think I could be doing better. I really feel, and not sure who else is in the same space, but I really do not think a day has gone by when I have some sort of 100 calorie snack pack/Sugar Free Pudding/Popsicle etc. I know that 1 snack pack can turn to 2 and 2 can turn to 10 and that is my fear. I really think its time to clean house and get rid of all the snacks in the house and get that 'sugary' feeling out of my body. Thoughts?

Banded on November 10 2006
60 Days Pre Op 418
Day of Surgery 370
370 / 246  / 190
Pre / Now / Goal

Shaun-2lose
on 1/31/07 12:55 am - Vineland, NJ
I think you are 100% right to be concerned about the snack packs, sugar free treats.   I had my surgery 5/25/05.  So far I am down 165 pounds.  I have been stuck with 30 more pounds to go for a couple of months.  I joined weigh****chers thinking that might help me.  I think because of the way the program is structured it allows you to have 2 point bars, snack packs etc...Now I feel like this has become a bit of a problem for me.  I agree that the best thing to do is to "detox" ourselves from sugar want to bees...I personally got myself into trouble with sugar free chocolate... Clean your house, and stick with it!! Good Luck, Shaun
cgatens
on 1/31/07 1:36 am - Bricktown, NJ
I just can not stand to throw out food, but I have moved the SF Puddings and Snack Packs down to the basement.  So, If I desperatley need a sugar fix, I have to make an effort, I have cut way back, so hopefully it wil work- I just need to get a grip on WHY the evening after dinner is so tough for me. I just crave any and all food in the evenings.    

Banded on November 10 2006
60 Days Pre Op 418
Day of Surgery 370
370 / 246  / 190
Pre / Now / Goal

Most Active