Recent Posts

paramedic
on 7/9/15 10:43 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Topic: RE: where to get a defill in NOva Scotia

Hi I do fill and defills. I sent you a message 

paramedic
on 7/9/15 10:42 am - Coldbrook, Canada
Topic: RE: where to get a defill in NOva Scotia

I do fill/defills. Where do you live? I live in the Annapolis Valley. My personal email is [email protected]

Laurie

DustyB
on 7/1/15 6:26 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Suggestions for liquid diet

I don't have answers for you but would suggest asking on the Ontario board as they are very active.

I was wondering how long you waited before you were called in for information.

anglbabysteph
on 6/21/15 12:52 pm - Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada
Topic: Suggestions for liquid diet

Hi Everyone :) I had my information session for surgery here in Nova Scotia on June 9th, I need to lose 100 lbs to get into the right BMI so they suggested I do the liquid diet until I can lose all the weight. I just need suggestions or anyone that has done this to give some advice I would appreciate it greatly! I am looking to make myself a meal plan for a week so it is straight forward and all figured out so I don't have to stress about food! 

cheekymama
on 5/17/15 6:58 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Going to mexico for DS

Halifax is definitely doing surgeries and have been going full tilt for the last 5yrs when a new team took over.

I meet Dr Ellesmere at the end of this month to get my surgery date- which they guess should be end of June.

But they are definitely doing them. The have info sessions for 50 referrals at a time- about 3x/yr and are trying to get to everyone.

I was referred in 2006ish if I remember correctly -had my info session end of Oct'14, did their required diets and psych workshops and showed them my food/exercise journals and showed a 17lb weight loss and they approved me to go ahead to next step of meeting surgeon and getting the date.

Hope this info helps some ☺

Sonya

KRS2014
on 5/14/15 4:42 am
with
Topic: RE: 4 months since VSG in Mexico! No regrets!

That's so awesome! Keep up the great work!

Martinidale
on 5/13/15 9:14 am

Congrats!  On your weight loss. I also went to mexico; I went to juarez because it was closer to texas.   No regrets.  Since Feb 2015, I am down 35 lbs - no blood pressure meds.  Feeling very good - energized!!!!!!!    

KRS2014
on 5/13/15 9:08 am
with

You're very welcome :)

Glasspears
on 5/12/15 10:13 pm

I am so grateful for your reply.  Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing this info (which I know you put much time in to). 

I will keep you posted. 

Be brave with your life.

KRS2014
on 5/12/15 7:31 am
with
Topic: RE: Going to mexico for DS

Oh no! I didn't realize Halifax wasn't doing them anymore. That is just awful. So many people need this life changing surgery.

Most Active