Recent Posts

Kaldag99
on 8/12/15 9:48 am
Topic: RE: where to get a defill in NOva Scotia

you are so close by.  Are you a nurse?  I just don't know anyone else in nova scotia who know about the lapband.   I am currently in cape breton and have been throwing up for 5 days straight with no food or liquiods, I ended up overnight in the hospital.

I hope to back in the valley by saturday could we arrange to do a defil saturday or sunday at whatever time works for you?

Bridget

Bridger
on 8/6/15 6:58 am - Canada
Topic: Anyone have revision from band to sleeve with dr kelly

im looking for information. I had a band placed 13 years ago now this most of my weight back I would like to have the sleeve. I've been looking at dr Kelly and wondering if anyone has had this done? Thanks 

KRS2014
on 8/4/15 4:36 pm
with
Topic: RE: 4 months since VSG in Mexico! No regrets!

Ask me anything you would like to know :) I highly recommend going to Mexico for the gastric sleeve surgery. It has changed my life!

SS24Irises
on 8/4/15 9:59 am
Topic: RE: New to this forum!

Can I ask where you had  your surgery in Ontario as I am considering this option.

SS24Irises
on 8/4/15 9:55 am

Hi I am trying to make decisions on where to have this surgery and would like to speak to someone re Mexico clinic experience.

SS24Irises
on 8/4/15 3:19 am
Topic: RE: I week post op. from VSG in Mexico with Dr. Ramos Kelly

How much was the procedure and what kind of follow up is provided?

Maura_lee1
on 7/27/15 8:30 pm - Canada

Thank you so much for your information.  It makes me much more comfortable in my decision to get this procedure done and live a long and happy life :)

KRS2014
on 7/27/15 7:16 pm
with

Hi, I'm from Nova Scotia. I went with Dr Alejandro Lopez and had no complications at all. Everything went extremely well and we were sightseeing two days after surgery! My best friend and I both had surgery the same day and are both doing awesome. I paid around $4500 US plus the cost of my flight. I flew into San Diego and a driver picks you up and drives you across the border. Then they take you to your hotel and back and forth to the hospital,etc. you are well taken care of from the moment you land in San Diego until you leave. It's honestly the best thing I've ever done for myself. It has saved my life and given my daughter a healthy mama. You won't regret it!

Maura_lee1
on 7/24/15 1:14 pm - Canada

Hello KRS;

I am just in the beginning stages of starting the process for bariatric sleeve surgery and would be very interested in learning more about this doctor and the facility.  I am Canadian so not sure if the costs are the same.  What about medical coverage while you were in Mexico?  I have been overweight my whole life and at 56 I am tired all the time.  My health continues to go downhill and this is my last resort.  I have tried diets and exercising only to gain more weight and I just want this last half of my life to be a happy and healthy one.  I greatly appreciate any information you or anyone else can provide.  Anyone from the Maritimes have this surgery in Mexico?

Thanks so much, Maura 

Maura_lee1
on 7/24/15 1:02 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: Going to mexico for DS

Hi Sarah

I am just wondering how your surgery went down in Mexico?  I am looking in to bariatric sleeve surgery but do not want to have to wait years to have it done.  I am wondering if anyone knows if provincial medicare will help pay for any costs to do the procedure.  It would be great to hear about your progress Sarah..best of luck :) Maura 

Most Active