Recent Posts

FancyRoses
on 4/8/12 11:41 pm - Lower Sackville, Canada
Topic: RE: progress pics
thanks Susan I am starting to feel really really good and have had no issues and would do it yearly if I had to.  its been one amazing ride.  pstttt wheres you new pics  I can tell from the lbs down your must be doing good yourself?
My goals to a healthy me            
waiting_patiently
on 4/5/12 4:14 am - Nova Scotia, Canada
VSG on 07/24/12
Topic: RE: Surgery booked for April 24
WTG! I too would like to know how you got in so fast.  I have had two referrals sent into Dr Ellsmere now and have been on the waiting list since 2010.  I have Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease and have developed Type 2 Diabetes in 2011, severe sleep apnea, high cholesterol as well as a family history of Heart Disease.  As of speaking to Diana Lawler this morning, and not getting a direct answer as to where exactly I am on the wait list and was told that they are only seeing people from 2008 now, and that the list exceeds 2000 people.   

novascotiadawn
on 4/4/12 3:59 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada

FYI...My acid reflux/GERD...got worse after the sleeve!

Donna

Leaky sleeve survivor!!! 2008/2009 ~ 5'7"~ 42F Bougie

susanpalmer
on 4/3/12 11:54 pm - annapolis county, Canada
Topic: RE: progress pics
doing great keep up the good work

susan palmer    
highest weight 280 current weight 186

Brighteyes3567
on 4/3/12 3:02 pm - Bridgewater, Canada
VSG on 05/08/12
There are actually a couple of reason I got a date so fast, one being I had already had everything done in Ontario prior to having to move here so that shaved off whatever time and two I was sent to see the surgent cause my acid reflux is so sever that it has done damage to my throat and 

Esophagus to the point that I choke on most of my food, its pretty scary and than he found a hernia so he has to go in to repair those and he is going to do the surgery while he is already in there so this way the acid reflux will stay away and than the fact that I am a Diabetic too

Send OOC paperwork on Dec 1/09
Ohip asked for more info on Dec 5/09 and Dec 24/09
Doc ignored.
More info sent on Jan 22/09
First Appt with sleep clinic on Feb 3/09
Ended up being denied March/2009
Moved out of Ontario and now live in Nova Scotia
and have been approved and booked for surgery on April 24/2012 with Dr.Elsmere

Jackie00
on 4/2/12 10:48 pm
wonder how you got that date so fast here, I know people that have been on the list here fire over five years.

Congrats for getting a date, keep us updated.
Sleeved 15-Sept-2011 HW 294 Pre op weight 285 SW 279 GW 145?
Pre op 6 lbs lost, M1 - 23 lbs M2 - 11 lbs M3 - 12 M4 - 6 M5 -10 M6 -10 M7 -7 M8 - 4 M9 - 4
M10- 4 M11 - 5 M12 - 0

Brighteyes3567
on 4/2/12 4:00 pm - Bridgewater, Canada
VSG on 05/08/12
Topic: Surgery booked for April 24
Hello Everyone
I am new to Nova Scotia I moved here in 2010 but not new to OH I orginally started my journey in Windsor Ontario but was denied for Out Of Country Coverage, than we moved here to Bridgewater NS cause my dad was terminally ill. I am happy to be here and that we made the move, I am now booked for surgery with Dr. Ellsmere on April 24 I am so excited and scared at the same time. I was happy to see that there was a forum for Nova Scotia cause it will be nice to meet people in this area who have had it done or are getting ready to have the surgery.
Send OOC paperwork on Dec 1/09
Ohip asked for more info on Dec 5/09 and Dec 24/09
Doc ignored.
More info sent on Jan 22/09
First Appt with sleep clinic on Feb 3/09
Ended up being denied March/2009
Moved out of Ontario and now live in Nova Scotia
and have been approved and booked for surgery on April 24/2012 with Dr.Elsmere

FancyRoses
on 3/30/12 11:34 pm - Lower Sackville, Canada
Topic: progress pics
My goals to a healthy me            
Carly ~
on 3/27/12 1:22 pm, edited 3/27/12 1:23 pm
Topic: New Support & Social Group in HRM
Look us up on Facebook!

We are a group of wonderful people at various points in our journeys to a healthier life.  The support group will address real topics..  real triumphs, and setbacks.. real successes and obstacles, real people.. real issues.

We'll meet at various locations throughout HRM for support group meetings and we'll also meet to do fun things together socially, like pool, bowling.. a night out at a comedy club.. a cruise in the summer.

Everyone is welcomed to join!   

Look up the group on Facebook by name:  Little By Little Weight Loss Support Group

By email at:  [email protected]
or with the link to our group:     http://www.facebook.com/groups/241509452606153/

FancyRoses
on 3/26/12 5:57 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Topic: RE: home and sleeved from Mexico
 The trip to Mexico was beautiful to be honest and I would do it all again in a flash. Thanks had losers bench so far has been a good one and I am enjoying the ride and all the NSV and even the SV. 
My goals to a healthy me            
Most Active