Recent Posts

incombustible
on 4/18/12 2:30 am - kentville, Canada
Topic: RE: I WROTE THIS TO THE HALIFAX DAILY NEWS TODAY
 I have an appiontment with doctor mcdonald in may hoping to get sergery done soon after. 
Cindy F.
on 4/18/12 12:23 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 02/05/13
Topic: RE: 2005 Consult, Exploring Again
I just received a call from Dr. Sylvian Beausoleil's office to set up a consult on June 4th! She said this was in follow-up to my 2004 referral. I went to my family doctor a few weeks ago to get a new referral sent to the Health Sciences Centre in follow up to my 2005 consult with Dr. MacDonald and thought this was in regard to that but she said they don't have the 2012 referral, this is strictly to follow-up from 8 years ago! I thought that was interesting. To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

If all goes well with the consult and I get the green light, can anyone give me an idea of what process I should expect to happen after? I'm interested in the VSG.

I'll search the forums as well but thanks in advance for any information you can share.
FancyRoses
on 4/17/12 3:51 am - Lower Sackville, Canada
Topic: RE: Info session for summer 2012
Glad to hear you getting into the meetings, its the first steps and its about time they start doing more and getting more patients operated on.  NS is in a sad state when it comes to Obesity and Weight Loss Surgery and wait times
My goals to a healthy me            
nsblue
on 4/16/12 6:49 am - Brookfield. NS, Canada
That sounds great leaden!!
The WLP is really pushing this this year... in trying to reduce the wait time. The first WLP info session was last month... and now hearing of another one is planned for the summer is so great to hear !!

Destiny42
on 4/16/12 2:06 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone else doing Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy?
Hi Supermariobros,,

I would certainlly like to help you....first of all I got my surgery in Mexico... This is not a cure all still struggling with my weightloss, I have not lost anything for 2 months now. I think it because I need to workout  more. I enjoy all foods however, i don't eat as much.
If you want to leave me your number i'll call and tell you everything you may want to know.
Take Care Destiny
supermariobros
on 4/15/12 11:27 pm - fredericton, Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone else doing Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy?
 Hi Destiny,
i`m from Fredericton NB, where did you have your surgery? Here in Canada? Can you tell me how do you feel after the surgery? Are you disgusting by food, or maybe you feel full after a small amopunt of food. I`m not able to imagine how you can loose so much wheight without any sacrifice....please help me my life is terrible since i was 10, now i`m 40 and i`m feel very sick.....:-(((
Carly ~
on 4/15/12 1:06 pm
Topic: RE: Surgery booked for April 24
 I'm glad that the hospital prioritizes patients and that you're surgery is expedited.  Don't be scared -- it's the beginning of a wonderful journey ahead of you!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, and welcome to Nova Scotia!
Can't wait to meet you!

All the best to you in your journey!

Carly ~
on 4/15/12 1:03 pm
 Congrats on hearing the news!
It's all very exciting when it finally begins!

Best of luck to you.

livelifeagain
on 4/14/12 1:04 pm
Topic: RE: Free Ladies Clothes Sizes 5x and 6x
Hi there,  I had WLS (VSG) in June of 2011 and have lost 110 pounds so very happy with the results so far....about 30 more to go.   Surgery went well, no problems,  love the sleeve.  How about you?  You should visit NS if you get the opportunity, lots to see and wonderful beaches if you like the ocean (I may even try to get into a bathing suit this summer :).  The 100 year anniversary of the sinking of the Titanic is today so lots of events going on to commemorate that tragic event now. 
Vi-Vi
on 4/14/12 12:00 pm
VSG on 12/13/12
Topic: RE: Free Ladies Clothes Sizes 5x and 6x
 Hi there, I sure wish I lived close! I'm in Ontario!  Just checking the Nova Scotia web site as I just finished a project on your province today!  Very interesting I must say! Sure hope to visit one day!  Have you had WLS?
Most Active