Recent Posts

crazycatladyNS
on 3/7/16 6:09 am
Topic: RE: Private Facebook Groups?

By "not approved" I meant to say my referral application was received and I'm waiting for the WLS Info session (Step 1). I was told the wait list is now about 5 years, as they're working on 2009 referrals. Ugh.

Born in 1977. Nova Scotia. Medical Transcriptionist.

Height: 5'8"  /  SW: 248 /  CW: 250 /  GW: 175

BMI 38, with comorbidities: Polycystic ovarian disease, pre-diabetes, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome

Application for VSG in 2014. Got letter in Sept. '15 saying I was on waiting list for WLS Info Session (Step 1). Said wait times are approx. 5-7 years, as they're currently attending to 2009 referrals here in NS.  

crazycatladyNS
on 3/7/16 6:09 am
crazycatladyNS
on 3/5/16 4:57 pm, edited 3/6/16 10:11 pm

Thanks! This page is a great resource.

I'm not even approved yet, and unfortunately, I don't have the time to be a group admin, etc., but I would definitely love to check on a page now and then. 

BMI 38, with comorbidities: Polycystic ovarian disease, pre-diabetes, sub-clinical hypothyroidism, metabolic syndrome

Application for VSG in 2014. Got letter in Sept. '15 saying I was on waiting list for WLS Info Session (Step 1). Said wait times are approx. 5-7 years, as they're currently attending to 2009 referrals here in NS.  

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/16 4:54 pm - CA

Not sure if you are aware, but you can set up a private group through OH.   You are able to be an admin and invite people to it and interact just like you can on FB.  

crazycatladyNS
on 3/5/16 4:38 pm, edited 3/6/16 10:11 pm

I'm happy for you guys, getting called in. I'm a Nova Scotian as well and I have been on the waiting list for a couple years now. Still no call for an info session. My BMI is 35-36 but I have severe Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and prediabetes. How long did you guys wait for your call?

I'd be interested in a private FB group as well. If you set one up, do let me know.! :)

KRS2014
on 3/3/16 5:30 am
with
Topic: RE: Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

Hi,

I'm from NS and will be 2 years out in August. I have also started back into the bad eating habits and have put on 15lbs. I am interested in joining your group. Add me to Facebook. I am Kim R Saulnier.

Thank you,

Kim

BEYOUtiful
on 3/2/16 6:22 pm
VSG on 06/22/16
Topic: BMI ?

Hello, I am wondering at what number is your BMI to be at to be considered for surgery? I've been kicking but ever day at the gym and three weeks ago my BMI was over 61. Not its at 55. I've lost 41 pounds in just three weeks, I have a trainer that I go to 4 times a week, a nutrionist that does monthly meal plans and a grocery list. I bought new sneakers, and I'm loving this new lifestyle, especially with all the support I have encouraging me. I've read posts where BMI was to high and asked to lose 50-100 pounds before being considered. I didn't want that, I wanted to be proactive and start right away and be ready, and show I am able and capable of this lifestyle. I go to the gym 6 days a week, for 45-mins to an hour. It's the BMI though, I can't find the happy number that will make me ready, any idea or suggestions? REALLY APPRECIATE 

BEYOUtiful
on 3/2/16 12:04 am
VSG on 06/22/16

Hello, I was informed in Febuary that I had been approved and there was a group meeting in April. It did get changed to this summer though, so we might be in the same group. Since Febuary I have been increasing my cardio at the gym trying to build up to an hour a day like the paper work, I got a nutrionist as well and so far I HAVE LOST 41 POUNDS in just three weeks. I have a massive support system, excellent trainer at the gym, and the meal plan by my nutrionist seems to be working. Summer can't come quick enough lol. 

Acadiana
on 2/20/16 3:33 am
Topic: RE: Looking for Long-Timers - 2 years + out

Hi,

I am the mother of a young woman who just had weightloss surgery in Decenber.  So, she's not 2+ years since.  She's looking for a Facebook group to join.  I've been trying and collecting recipes of high protein entrees to help my daughter as she is having difficulty getting all the protein grams she's supposed o have. She's trying things she used to like and finding the foods impossible to eat anymore.  These foods are the oes that are not healthy for her so it's good she can't eat them.  My way of supporting her is by making entrees that are healthy, protein-rich and tasty.  I'm collecting the recipes and would pass them on, if requested.  Should she find a group for people who have had the surgery more recently?

Acadiana
on 2/20/16 3:19 am

Hi.  I have just signed up.  I am the mother of a young woman who has recently had weight loss surgery.  She is adjusting well although there are a few issues, like getting enough protein  She's looking for a local support group on Facebook   Do you know of one?   I think I can e of use to people with diet because I am searching for and trying out recipes of healthy, high protein entrees that taste good.

Most Active