Recent Posts

sonywife
on 8/26/12 6:49 pm - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Topic: RE: Anyone else doing Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy?
I'm very interested in hearing more aout this?!
leaden
on 8/26/12 1:29 pm - Yarmouth Co. , Canada
Topic: RE: July session
 Hi i am told that all appointment are going to be sent out within a few weeks span . 

sonywife
on 8/26/12 11:13 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Wendy R.
on 8/26/12 5:55 am - Canada
Topic: RE: weight time
 I was on the waiting list for 4.5 years by the time they called me for my first session.  By the time I get it done, it'll be five years.  When I asked what the current wait list was, they told me 12 years.  I think it really depends on things such as your weight and health problems etc.  
Nsblue:  You were at my information session and a great inspiration!  Hope you're still doing well. You were very honest and open about everything and it helped confirm my decision to get this surgery.  Thank you!
Wendy R.
on 8/26/12 5:48 am - Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone booked for surgery from the March group yet?
 Thank you leaden!  I'm pretty excited about it.  I thought the wait would feel like forever, but it flew by pretty fast.  I just have to get my final approval from the doctor and I get my date and I was told they're now booking for October.  You'll be there before you know it! :-)  Just make sure you get that 10-20 pounds off or more and follow the diet as closely as you can and you'll be all set.  I'll let you know what I find out on Thursday.  I just can't wait for this to be over and done with!!  I'm looking forward to a new and healthier me!
nsblue
on 8/24/12 3:34 pm - Brookfield. NS, Canada
Topic: RE: weight time
Hi Kelly,
Nova Scotia does have a long wait time for surgery... last fall it was at 10 years and I beleive now it is less than that... but still a wait. All is dependant on your co-mobidities. You can read about it on NS capital health site... http://www.cdha.nshealth.ca/obesity-network There you will find downloads on the diets as well as the doctor referral sheet.
The wls offered is the VSG the "sleeve"  the surgeon is Dr Ellsemere.... it is done in Halifax at the Victoria General. once your referral is accepted an invite is sent out for an info session. You are enrolled into NS weight loss program. They will instruct you on the do's n donts etc. then you are left with the info and see what YOU do with it...when you are scheduled for the one on one with the team...the evaluate you to see if you are ready for surgery. if they give the go ahead...you then see the surgeon and surgery is scheduled.

dare2see
on 8/24/12 2:42 pm - Maple Ridge, Canada
Topic: weight time
I'm living in Vancouver, but thinking moving back home.
i was wondering how long is the wait time, and where do they do the W/L/S ?
Regards
Kelly
JoyceSen
on 8/24/12 5:39 am - Canada
Topic: RE: July session
 I have not received an appointment yet. I was not expecting one too soon after you posted your comment about your conversation with staff. I am now a bit discouraged to hear that others have. I guess I'll have to move out of summer mode and start with stronger follow-up.
leaden
on 8/22/12 6:36 pm - Yarmouth Co. , Canada
Topic: July session
 so here I sit ...still waiting for my one/one appointment date as MOST ( minus one)  of the people i have met on here  who were at my session received a letter with their appointment date.
anyone else from this session not receive an appointment date yet ? 

leaden
on 8/22/12 6:33 pm - Yarmouth Co. , Canada
Topic: RE: Anyone booked for surgery from the March group yet?
Hey ! 
I was in the July info session so still waiting for my one/one appointment, but I just wanted to wish you good luck and to tell you how jealous I am that you are almost there  ! 
Please keep us posted of your progress , its always good to hear about ! 
Most Active