Recent Posts

valleymom40
on 10/18/12 9:46 pm
Topic: Complications back in Nova Scotia?
 Does anyone know what the action plan is if you have complications after your surgery in Mexico when you are in Nova Scotia?  I am a little worried what I would do if this happens. ( and I know my Dr. is going to ask me this question when I see him Nov 15th) 
valleymom40
on 10/17/12 11:24 pm
Topic: RE: My Dr. SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 I am so frustrated with the whole thing.....I will continue with the battle, though.  The Dr. yesterday even said " well, if you have to wait 10-15 years in Nova Scotia what is 6 months on her diet to see if it works." What a moron!  She was so condesending to me I just wanted to walk out of the appointment.    
sonywife
on 10/17/12 10:16 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Topic: RE: Dr. Kelly in Mexico
I leave this Tuesday for Surgery Wed. the 24th. I'm on day 8 of my 2 week pre op diet..getting a bit cranky. Good thing Hubby left today for PEI on business...lol

I'm bringing my laptop, I'll keep you updated. :)

valleymom40
on 10/17/12 10:04 am
Thanks, I have the $ but was just wondering how much Dr. Kelly charges....Dr. DeLeon is 5500 and I have heard that Kelly is the same.  Don't you leave soon?( sonywife?) Good Luck!
sonywife
on 10/17/12 9:38 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
I paid $4500.00 USD for everything except my flight (for 2 ppl round trip from HFX it was 2505).

I use a company called A LIGHTER ME.

If you get financed through MEDICARD.COM the interest rate is about 20% even with great credit!

sonywife
on 10/17/12 9:33 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
I don't need this form, I just told work I'm having surgery and I'm taking 2 weeks off..lol

Can't you get your Surgeon or thier team to sign it? Have you spoken with your facilitator?

kimberleyann
on 10/17/12 7:23 am - Kingston, NS, Canada
Sorry to here this. My doctor has been very supportive. I do know the bariatric doctor in Halifax will refuse to see anyone that he has not treated.  What is her special diet that will work when all the others have failed? Really she has the secret weapon that will end obesity and she hasn't marketed it. Hope your other doctor/internest is more supportive.

valleymom40
on 10/17/12 5:40 am
Topic: My Dr. SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 ..went to see my "fill in " Dr. ( mine is away for an undetermined amount of time) and she refused to sign my work sick /return to work form and thinks I should try her new diet before I commit to the VSG surgery...ANNOYING!  She also asked what the procedure is if I have complications with the procedure after returning to Canada....she says that Dr's here will probably not see me because they did not do the "work".  Have you heard any horror stories like this?  I am going to wait to talk to my internal medicine Dr when he returns from vacation in two weeks.  Hopefully he will see me and sign the papers. Hopefully he will see me and sign the papers.....who knows. I am very frustrated with the health care system in Nova Scotia...They don't want you overweight but don't support you when you are trying to do something to help. Any suggestions? 
KristaB
on 10/16/12 11:29 pm - St Catherines, Canada
 I paid $5500 for my surgery with Dr. Ponce in May, whi*****luded everything except my flight.  If there is anything else you'd like to know, ask away!  
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wX9gPm9/] [img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wX9gPm9/weight.png[/img] [/url]
valleymom40
on 10/16/12 7:24 am
 Hi, I just sent her an e-mail with the questions I have...hopefully this will get the ball rolling....Thanks
Most Active