Recent Posts

sonywife
on 11/10/12 8:48 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Topic: RE: I've been Sleeved!

I was sleeved in MX Oct 24. No real issues since. I'm on purees now. I ate chicken and brocoli for supper tonight. It was soo good even though it was a few small bites. I returned to work Nov 5th (probably a bit too soon) I still have one of my sites leaking (not a lot).

sonywife
on 11/10/12 8:43 am - Elmsdale, Canada
VSG on 10/24/12
Topic: RE: Mexico anyone?
On November 5, 2012 at 12:40 PM Pacific Time, Jewlz78 wrote:

Looking for a weight loss friend who might be interested in taking the trip to mexico to get sleeved. I think it's the only way I can afford it and it looks like lots of fellow Nova Scotians have had success at a couple of different clinics there. I'm in Truro, message me!

I'm in Elmsdale. I was sleeved in MX 17 days ago. Don't go to the MI DOCTOR HOSPITAL or use a company called A LIGHTER ME. :)

Jewlz78
on 11/8/12 7:32 pm
Topic: RE: Thinking of going to mexico to get sleeved....

Hi there. I have started the process for A Lighter Me and would love to travel with someone else. I'm looking at January/February though, not right away. Let me know if you are interested in joining me.

Jewlz78
on 11/5/12 4:40 am
Topic: Mexico anyone?

Looking for a weight loss friend who might be interested in taking the trip to mexico to get sleeved. I think it's the only way I can afford it and it looks like lots of fellow Nova Scotians have had success at a couple of different clinics there. I'm in Truro, message me!

IslandMomma
on 11/5/12 2:49 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

I had my sleeve done May 10, 2012...I am down about 70 lbs since the surgery and almost 100 since my top weight in Feb!!!  I must have had it really lucky as I really did not have a day of pain after the surgery....not from the surgery anyway...the most painful thing I encountered was trying to drink all my water the first 2 weeks...really hard....now at almost 6 months out, I am seeing quite a bit of hair loss...hard, but I am told it will grow back ...now that I am getting to a better stage in my eating where as I can eat more thatn 3-4 tbl of food at a meal...but remember protein first....I am in the same boat as you and not 100% sure what my best weight will be...never really had one before, so I am thinking I may be good at 180...I am "big boned" , 5 feet 9-10...wear a size 11 shoe...never really been anything small about me...be we are on the way...started out in a size 30 pant or so, now a 22 is getting loose ...yeah....

Anyway..enough gabbing...good luck and congrats.....

Wendy R.
on 11/5/12 1:26 am - Canada

Hey IslandMomma!

I'll admit, the first week I had a lot of pain and I regretted it for a few days, but mostly it was the acid I think.  Once they gave me something for that and was in my system for a few days or so, it got better.  Now, it just feels like I have sore ribs or something when I sit the wrong way or do too much, but not painful really.  I think the hardest part is the weakness and getting in enough fluids and protein.  Everyday gets a little easier. I'm no longer regretting it, but looking forward to the next stage of the diet where I get to eat soft foods. :-)  Boy do I miss chewing! lol  I think I'm down about 17 pounds or so.  I haven't weighed myself in a day or two.  And I came out of the hospital weighing 13 lbs more than I went in from all the fluids they pumped into me from the IV. LOL  I'm not including that in my weight loss.  Umm.. how much do I want to lose?  Err.. touch one really.  I don't honestly know what my weight goal is.  I guess I'll find it when I get there.  But I'd like to lose another 113 I think and I'll be happy with that for sure!  I had lost 97 lbs before surgery, so I'll get there!  Are you considering or having this surgery as well?

IslandMomma
on 11/2/12 9:53 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

YEAH...how do you feel...how much are you down and how much would you like to lose??  Do you have much pain from the actual surgery??

Wendy R.
on 11/1/12 3:37 am - Canada
Topic: I've been Sleeved!

I've been Seeved!!!  It's hard to believe it's finally done and I'm on the road to a new me! :-)  I had surgery in Halifax with Dr. E on Oct 23rd, so just over a week in.  I wanted to come on here a week ago and write this, but I wasn't in the best of shape to do so.  So ready to join the Losers Club! :-)  Ready or not, here I come!

Wendy R.
on 11/1/12 3:33 am - Canada
Topic: RE: It's sure been a long wait!

I had my information session in March and was just sleeved on Oct 23rd.  So about seven months from start to finish for me.  I hear others from my group have already had it done as well, but I have no idea of the numbers.  Just make sure you're following your diet as close as possible and exercising and lose a min of 10lbs so they can see that you're ready. I was schedualed for the 30th and got a cancelation (or two) and bumped it up a week.  It'll happen if you follow what they ask.  Frustrating waiting, I know! lol

llLou
on 10/30/12 8:08 am - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Dr. Kelly in Mexico

Hi!I'm having my VSG done by Dr. Kelly Nov. 5th. He charges $5700.($200 goes to the hospital) I've spoke to many people who have used him and I' met him in Halifax last year. His coordinator is Omar and the phone number is 619 395 5347. I've talked to Omar and Dr. Kelly at that number . There's never been a problem for me with this number just remember the time zones. The email is [email protected]. Again I always get a responses within hours or less. Message me if you have any questions.      Linda

Most Active