Recent Posts

IslandMomma
on 11/24/12 9:58 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: Clothes to give away..size 28..PEI

Hi everyone...just putting a post out there seeing if anyone knows anyone over here on PEI that could use a few pairs of black dress pants that are almost NEW...size 28 Penningtons...worn just 1-2 times pre-surgery...and now they are way too big...not alot of options over here as to where to give them...so I thought I would first offer them up to someone and then drop off to V Village if I have no takers.....I also have some blouses and 6-7 pairs of capri summer pants...all in excellent condition..2 still have tags on them and yet they are too big..Ooops...Let me know if anyone knows anyone...I can meet them here in Charlottetown....

Thanks

womann1973
on 11/21/12 12:37 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: My Dr. SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HI Valley mom 40,

is the bariatric surgeon you're seeing the only one in Halifax?? I was banded in 2011 and I can't seem to find a surgeon who will take me and look at me to follow me when I am transferred from Montreal to halifax in jan 2013.  Could you please give me his name and contact number if you don't mind??  It would be such help so I can start somewhere..

womann1973
on 11/21/12 12:31 pm - Canada
Topic: RE: One step closer and two steps back......

Do any of you know of any doctors in halifax/Dartmouth that have done the band?? I had my surgery in 2011 and I am being transferred from my work to NS and I need a dr to follow me and I am having a hard time finding one.  The private clinics won't take me since I didn't have my surgery with them... frustrated..

llLou
on 11/17/12 2:31 pm - Halifax NS, Canada
Topic: RE: Mexico anyone?

Dr. Kelly is an excellent choice. I just came back on Nov. 5th after being sleeved by him. It's the best decision I ever made. I'm feeling great and was out on my third day from 1pm to 630pm browsing in flea markets with Dr. Kelly's coordinator and my friend. We spent day 3 and 4 at the beautiful Lucerne hotel.

The hospital was older but provided excellent care. All the doctors spoke English. Message me if you need more info. The price was $5700.but I know is has specials on at times.

I would do this again in a heartbeat.

Good Luck!

llLou
on 11/14/12 1:54 pm - Halifax NS, Canada

I was on the list for 3 years and waiting. I made the decision to go to TJ Mexico with Dr. Kelly. It was the best decision I've ever made. I was sleeved on Nov. 5th. My GP can't believe how well I'm doing at just over a week out.She has always been supportive of my decision. She knew I did my homework. Dr. Kelly is great. Good Luck.

valleymom40
on 11/14/12 7:30 am

Hi, I have been on the list since Feb 2011.  The problem is that I have been getting more and more sick since that date and in turn my symptoms have been getting worse...go figure!  I know that I am probably a long way from the top but who knows...it is worth a shot.  It is just nice to hae someone in my corner as my GP Dr. does not appear to care.

IslandMomma
on 11/13/12 7:53 pm - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12
Topic: RE: I've been Sleeved!

Normally we meet on a week night....and it has been pretty good so far....all of us who normally come have just been done in the last 6-8 months, so we are all sort of still in the "Honeymoon" stage....Look forward to having a new regular...we will let you know once we have set a date...maybe a Wed night this month....

Wendy R.
on 11/13/12 10:41 am - Canada

Thanks so much for the invite!  I'd love to go if I'm available!  Would be great to meet some others who have gone through it or who will be.  Do you normally do it on a weekend or weekday? Dec 15-16-17 aren't great for me. :-(  Any other time is good though. I'll keep my eyes open on the sites. :-)  

IslandMomma
on 11/13/12 6:43 am - Charlottetown, Canada
VSG on 05/10/12

Wendy, we will be having another "coffee/get togather" in Dec for anyone here on PEI that has had or would like to have one of the surgeries.....there are 3 of us that have been sleeved and one that had the full RYN then there are a few other ladies that are "in waiting" for their time....We will meet at Robins or somewhere maybe the second week of Dec....I will post the notes on the NS, NB and PEI sites for anyone...please try to join us...

Good luck

T

Wendy R.
on 11/13/12 5:57 am - Canada

Congratulations Sonywife!!  Yeah, I couldn't have handled Nov 5th!!  I'm still way too weak.  Still on liquid diet.  One more week!! My scars are all healed well.. One is a bit tender, but all are great.  I don't have much pain anymore.  I'm tender in my tummy.  I'm just so darn weak!  No matter how I try, I just can't seem to get enough in.  Can't believe I've lasted four weeks on liquids.  I'm a lot stronger than I gave myself credit for.:-)  Good luck and I'd love to keep in touch and see how you're doing.

Most Active